noordam room question

nurseblissful

i am thinking about downgrading from a deluxe suite to an sy. the people we are going with will not be in suites. so i feel, it would seem exclusionary for us to do that. what are the sy5001 and sy5002 like? i know that is on the front of the ship? any words of wisdom? thanks, lauri

Personally, I'd stay in the suite. They're just so much more spacious.

I've asked several different family members if they're interested in joining us on our cruise. Several families are thinking about it, but they've all said they aren't going to book a suite (we're in an SA). We'll just work around some of the things like shore excursions and disembarkation. We'll just go with them for these things rather that use the priority pass. We love the NL and we'll still use it, but I don't think us being in a suite and them not is going to matter to anyone. If anything, we'll have the room to have everyone gather prior to dinner and excursions. We also like the spaciousness of our cabin because we do spend a lot of time there (reading on the balcony). We probably won't do this as much if the other family members go with us, but we still will spend a fair amount of time in the cabin.

Have a great time!

I really love those suites, and didn't think I would ever want to cruise in something less. BUT ... if we things work out the way we hope, we'll be cruising with our kids and grandkids on the Noordam sometime next year. We are taking a good look at the SS cabins. With the verandah dividers opened up for 4 adjoining cabins, we'd have the best balcony on the ship. And plenty of comfortable cabin space for 12 people. Sure, I'll miss the NH - but the benefits of being all together here are more important to me.

Are you going with enough friends, nurseblissful, to consider something similar with adjoining cabins?

Archived