Best time to check in for the Dawn

librarygal

We are sailing on 1/20 on the Dawn out of Miami. Last year we had a exhausting two hour wait to go through security and check in for the Grand Princess in Galveston. It is an experience we do not want to repeat.

Our docs indicate that check in starts at noon and we have to be on the boat two hours before it sails at 4pm. Should we arrive early or wait till the last minute? We are arriving a day early so we can do it at any time.

We were on the Dawn 12/30 sailing. We arrived at about 1:30 pm to check in and didn't get on board the ship until about 3:15 pm - had to rush to make the muster drill! If I were to do it again I would either be first in line and show up at 11:30 or 12:00pm. Arriving last minute probably works well too, but I would be too stressed out that I'd be left behind.:eek:

We are sailing on 1/20 on the Dawn out of Miami. Last year we had a exhausting two hour wait to go through security and check in for the Grand Princess in Galveston. It is an experience we do not want to repeat.

Our docs indicate that check in starts at noon and we have to be on the boat two hours before it sails at 4pm. Should we arrive early or wait till the last minute? We are arriving a day early so we can do it at any time.

We always arrive early...works for us...good luck;)

Archived