Blackbeards Cay snorkel with sting rays

LisaL

Hi-- we went to Blackbeards Cay this past spring-- its a nice little place! Some folks we met on our cruise (Celebrity) loved the stingray swim-- but, you can see just as much from the pier! The water was really shallow & it seemed as though those participating in the stingray swim spent most of the time getting ready, etc. I took my snorkel eqpt & tried snorkeling from beach-- there's not much out there. If you're looking for a nice beach- this is it. But not much in way of snorkeling. Hope this helps.

husband and i went and if never touched sting ray its pretty cool. sting rays are penned and when the wave of people enter the water and stir up the sand you can only see grey clouds hoovering around you. we got out and waited til most of the people left then we got back in and could see them.

the sting ray swim at discovery cove in orlando was much better.

My girlfriend did the Blackbeard's Cay stingray snorkel this past Saturday and absolutely loved it. It is a fenced in area next to the beach and there will be a lot of people in the water with you, but if you hang around long enough people will start to leave and you'll have more room to yourself.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone done both the Nassau stingrays & the Grand Cayman stingray encounter? I am wondering how they compare. In Grand Cayman, the rays are out in the sound, not penned up & the water is quite clear. The Nassau excursions sound very different, will I be disappointed?

Archived