Example Timetable Millennium Shuttle in Venice

On another thread, questions were asked about the schedule of Millennium's free shuttle boat between Piazza San Marco & the ship. Here is the schedule published last August when we sailed this itinerary. Of course this might have changed by now, but it gives an idea:

Embarkation Day:

Ship to San Marco-- began at 9:00 am, then left every half hour until 1:00 pm, at which time it began running every 12-15 minutes until 11:30 pm.

San Marco to Ship-- began at 9:30 am, ran every half hour until 1:30, then began running every 12-15 minutes until 12:00 midnight.

Next Day (sailaway at 3:00 pm)

Ship to San Marco: Began 8:00 am, running every 12-15 minutes until 1:36.

San Marco to Ship: began 8:30, ran every 12-15 minutes until last shuttle at 2:06 pm.

Obviously, there is more than one shuttle boat in service.

Note that the later shuttles returning to the ship on sailing day were quite full. We were in line at 1:00 and there were hundreds of people in line, all of us thinking we'd get to enjoy Venice until the last minute.

Hope this helps! Have a fab trip!

Hi,

Thank you for all the info on the free shuttle boat from St. Mark's. I do have another question, though. Does the shuttle boat take you with your luggage. I had read that that was a good way of getting from your hotel to the ship with your luggage and then I read that luggage is not accepted. Could you help me with this and also, if the shuttle doesn't take you with luggage, what is the best way to get to the ship with luggage.

Thanks a bunch for any information you can give us.

GinnyC

Ginny: We arrived a day early in Venice on our own and lugged our bags to the shuttle. We were not the only ones doing this.

Also note that if you have lots of bags and don't want to trudge around Venice, up and down stairs, there are porters available. Ask the front desk of your hotel. We stayed right off San Marco and the cost for a porter was 30 Euros. (These are pedestrian porters with special carts to take things up and down stairs as well as on level ground.) We encountered these same porters when we got off the airport-to-San Marco waterbus...they were there offering their services to travelers with luggage. They will take your bags to the shuttle for you if you wish.

Dear Chick's Pal,

Thank you for that information. I have been concerned from Day One about getting to and from Venice. We're going two days early and staying "near" St. Mark's Square--don't know just how near. But those porters sound great. It's my sister, my daughter and myself so we should have a bit of luggage. And I'm happy to hear that the shuttle will take you with luggage. Thanks again for your help.

Sincerely,

GinnyC

Archived