Response To Supper Club Advance Reservations?

Dave4120

Hello...We leave on The Glory, January 19th, and made advance reservations in The Supper Club's Emerald Room on-line. Several other posters left links to a Carnival website where you could make reservations in advance before your cruise.

After I filled out the advance reservation form, a response was given that we would receive an e-mail soon, confirming the reservation. So far, I have not received any notification.

I was wondering if anyone has also made advance reservations, and if so, did you get a confirmation back? If you did, how far in advance did you receive it before your cruise. Or, is the reservation in their system and we should be all set once we get on ship, even though we did not receive a confirmation?

Or, should I re-book the reservation again?

Thanks for all of your help.

Regards,

Dave

We just sailed Glory over Christmas and I also put in a reservation request. The form said I would get an e-mail within a week, but I never received one. But, when we embarked, we checked right away and the reservation was exactly what I had requested. Hope that helps!

Hello...We leave on The Glory, January 19th, and made advance reservations in The Supper Club's Emerald Room on-line. Several other posters left links to a Carnival website where you could make reservations in advance before your cruise.

After I filled out the advance reservation form, a response was given that we would receive an e-mail soon, confirming the reservation. So far, I have not received any notification.

I was wondering if anyone has also made advance reservations, and if so, did you get a confirmation back? If you did, how far in advance did you receive it before your cruise. Or, is the reservation in their system and we should be all set once we get on ship, even though we did not receive a confirmation?

Regards,

Dave

I would expect that your reservation has been made. There have been some problems with confirmation emails. Roberto, who created the site, is working on this and a couple other issues.

If you want you can post a message on John Heald's blog http://johnhealdsblog.com/ and start it with ROBERTO, NOT FOR PUBLICATION and then state your concern. Please mention the ship, your booking number, the date of your sailing and your cabin assignment.

I've seen this happen a few times in the past and Roberto has been kind enough to follow up quickly.

I'd suggest you make that post tonight or tomorrow as John and Roberto are in the throws of finishing up the details for the Blogger's Cruise on the Freedom that kicks off shortly.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Mach

Thanks Mach. I just emailed Roberto, as we sail the 18th and have yet to get our confirmation as well. Roberto's sure a good guy and always on top of things!

Yeah... he sure is. He's amazingly generous with his time and talents. I can't think of a time when I've emailed him and he hasn't gotten back to me within a few hours.

I'm betting that he's way more than ready to get on the Freedom for the Blogger's Cruise! He'll be treated like a rock star!!!

:D

Regards,

Dave

:cool: :cool: I had the same problem - told would be 10 days to 2 weeks - now is 2 months, I contacted Carnival and was told my reservations stand and that I will receive confirmation in my stateroom when I board and not to rebook. Too late - I rebooked. I am printing my email stating this so if they say it was not received I at least have backup them saying that my confirmation is IN THE MAIL. Cindy:cool: :cool:

I'm betting that he's way more than ready to get on the Freedom for the Blogger's Cruise! He'll be treated like a rock star!!!

:D

Yep, I would definitely buy the man a drink. Way back when, I couldn't get the photos on John's blog to load. Still had dial up then. I mentioned it in the comments and the very next day, Roberto had worked his magic and the photos loaded very fast. Don't know what he did, but I became a member of the Roberto fan club then and there! Wish we were cruising with them, but alas we will literally be "ships that pass in the night".:o

• 1 month later...

What have people found who made Supper Club reservations on the web site and received no response? Were the reservations in place when boarding? What follow up was needed? How did you handle it?

I am on Splendor in Oct and that ship is still not listed on the Reserv. Web site --- I know, it is a new ship this year. When should I expect it to be listed?

Anyone else have experience. How about those that had reservations for a sailing that they have completed??? If you did not get email confirmation, were your reservations ok once you got on board?

The issue.... if I have Supper Club reservations in advance, I will have less of a need to board very early to get them for the dates/times I want.

Other experiences?

I made Supper Club reservations online for my Miracle sailing - never received an email back and my reservation was not noted at Nick & Noras when we arrived. When I asked, they said that they sometimes have problems with doing it online. We did get the reservation we wanted in the end and no one on our cruise seemed to have trouble booking the nights that they wanted - even towards the end of the cruise when people wanted to book a second night.

I have never eaten at the supper clubs, but we just got off the Liberty a month ago. I don't think the supper club was ever so full that you could not get in if you wanted. We walked every night around the deck that the supper club is on. We could see in the windows. It was never that full at all.

Also, they kept announcing everyday that there was still time to make reservations for the supper club.

I am not saying it is never full, but I don't think it is as booked all the time as people seem to think.

• 1 month later...
I made Supper Club reservations online for my Miracle sailing - never received an email back and my reservation was not noted at Nick & Noras when we arrived. When I asked, they said that they sometimes have problems with doing it online. We did get the reservation we wanted in the end and no one on our cruise seemed to have trouble booking the nights that they wanted - even towards the end of the cruise when people wanted to book a second night.

Still the Splendor (1st sailing July 08) is not listed in the Supper Club reservation. If the system is not working well, they should discontinue. How hard can it be to get info to the ship and email a confirmation?? After all, small companies have this now!!!

The problem is one expects a reserv. to be there and board late in the day. Then find no reserv. and perhaps no seats for the preferred night.

For example, on my cruise of 12 days, there are only 2 At Sea days -- when I would want to eat at Supper Club.

Anyone else????

Even though I never received an email confirmation, when we boarded the Miracle we checked, and they did indeed have our reservation.

It should be noted that the popular Roberto has left Carnival's employ and I'm not sure if Stephanie (who handles John Heald's blog) has assumed that responsibility or not. She's a busy gal!

Sapman, just check with the Supper Club as soon as you board, and even if they don't have your reservation, I'm sure they will make every effort to accommodate you. Enjoy!

Still the Splendor (1st sailing July 08) is not listed in the Supper Club reservation. If the system is not working well, they should discontinue. How hard can it be to get info to the ship and email a confirmation?? After all, small companies have this now!!!

The problem is one expects a reserv. to be there and board late in the day. Then find no reserv. and perhaps no seats for the preferred night.

For example, on my cruise of 12 days, there are only 2 At Sea days -- when I would want to eat at Supper Club.

Anyone else????

I asked John Heald about a month ago when they expected to add the Splendor to the list for supper club reservations and he said approx. a month before the first sailing.

What have people found who made Supper Club reservations on the web site and received no response? Were the reservations in place when boarding? What follow up was needed? How did you handle it?

I am on Splendor in Oct and that ship is still not listed on the Reserv. Web site --- I know, it is a new ship this year. When should I expect it to be listed?

I made reservations for April 1 on our Glory cruise. I never received the automated reply. When I got on board I asked the person at the reservation cart about it. They had a big book listing all the reservations and I was, indeed, in it. I also got my confirmation in writing in my cabin a day in advance.

Archived