ATV Tour & Being 5 Weeks Pg?

ladylonghorn

I just found out I'm 5 weeks pg w/ #2. We are leaving tomorrow on the Carnival Miracle. I'm really interested in doing the ATV tour with DH in St. Martin. Below is the description. It says pregnant women are not allowed. Anyone been on this before? I'm wondering if given it's so early in my pregnancy I'd be ok? Not sure if I'm being overly cautious or not.

Take part in an Old World adventure while exploring St. Maarten on your personal all terrain vehicle.

On this excursion you will:

• Take a short bus ride through the Dutch capitol of Phillipsburg to the kick-off location.
  • Be briefed and outfitted with the necessary safety equipment.
  • Set off to explore some areas of the island, stopping at scenic points.
  • Ride to a specially selected beach for a quick dip and refreshments.
  • Enjoy a stress-busting walk along the beach or a refreshing swim. Head back to the kick-off point and then transfer to buses to return to your ship.

Note: Minimum age is 18 years and a valid driver’s license is required. Maximum weight is 250 lbs.

Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required; sunscreen is recommended. All participants are required to wear a helmet.

Pregnant women and guests with physical or medical conditions may not participate in this excursion. Be advised that European-style (clothing optional) sunbathing may be observed throughout beaches in St. Maarten.

I was hypersensitive, particularly during the first trimester. No way I would have done it pregnant. I did it not pregnant, and while most of it was fine, we did do a nice tour through the garbage dump, which I found quite hurky-jerky...I just about overturned my ATV (probably says more about my inexperience than anything). Just my 2 cwents.

Ok, I am going to be blunt. I will never understand people who feel that rules don't apply to them. The excursion states no pregnant women. Simple. So why flaunt that? Is an ATV tour oh so that important that you would risk your baby? It's not just about the bumpy ride. As the previous poster said, she almost overturned the ATV. Why would you purposely put yourself in that situation? There are plenty of wonderful excursions out there that you can do.

Ok, I am going to be blunt. I will never understand people who feel that rules don't apply to them. The excursion states no pregnant women. Simple. So why flaunt that? Is an ATV tour oh so that important that you would risk your baby? It's not just about the bumpy ride. As the previous poster said, she almost overturned the ATV. Why would you purposely put yourself in that situation? There are plenty of wonderful excursions out there that you can do.

As often as I think some of the rides at the amusment park are a joke saying no pregnant women (I think Dumbo had it on their sign:confused: ) I would not take a chance with this excursion. It is bumpy, jerky and can make you feel real crappy and there is always that risk of an accident or injury and a carribean island is no where I would want to be with an injury, let alone being a pregnant injured person.

So I would say no. Would you probably be fine, yes. Should you take the chance, I wouldn't.

If you take this excursion then start to bleed on the cruise (yes I have had miscarriages and had major bleeding with both pregnancies) then how would you feel?

The ATV tour is a bumpy rigorous excursion. Although odds are a normal healthy woman would have no problems with this tour, I honestly wouldn't risk it. :(

Archived