Sunscape Casa del Mar La Romana Resort

the herd

We went there with Celebrity. It is a nice resort and lovely beach. Drinks and chairs were included. There is a liitle shopping area with booths set up full of local stuff. All in all a pleasant day.

We went there with Celebrity. It is a nice resort and lovely beach. Drinks and chairs were included. There is a liitle shopping area with booths set up full of local stuff. All in all a pleasant day.

We are thinking about this. Did you do it on your own or an excursion? Cost for taxi each way(2 of us)? Cost for resort?

THANKS!

I would definitely recommend going to Casa del Mar. The beach is beautiful and there are many things to do and see at the beach. The resort has a lot of beach activities going on all day and they also bring various types of animals on the beach to take your picture with. There is also snorkeling right from the beach.:)

There was a post somewhere on this board about taking a taxi to the resort, I think it might have been about a $15.00/$20.00 cab ride (but I don't remember for sure).

I just received this email from Casa Del Mar:

Hello,

You may purchase a day pass at a cost of $50.00US per person upon arrival immediately. The amount is to be paid in cash. The hours are from 1030am to 5pm. All meals, beverages (alcoholic), and use of the facility are included.

All the Best,

Kerry Consentino

Public Relations Manager/ Gte. Relaciones Publicas

Sunscape Casa del Mar La Romana

Tel. (809)221-8880 Fax (809)550-3741

http://www.sunscaperesorts.com

I think DH and I are going to do the resort on our own, because I'm pretty sure the excursion through the cruiseline (Celebrity) includes transportation but not the drinks (alcoholic).

If you decide to go to Casa del Mar you must have lunch at the grill. It is so relaxing because you are seated right by the water and you watch the pelicans dive into the water looking for fish. Also, the fish and chips are absolutely great!

Archived