Need ideas for good cruise for grandparents and 2 grandkids

compuwriter

My cherubs will be 7 (him) and 10 (her) this summer. I am looking for something fairly sedate for us (no Disney) , but interesting and fun for them. I was also wondering do you end up get two adjoining cabins or what to do this?

Many thanks!

We seem to always go Carnival.......however this time we are taking the grandkids for their first cruise.....June 21........personally I did not care for Disney.....just my taste.

Mine are 8/10/12.......DH did not want a balcony this time so we chose connecting rooms...which are hard to come by...there aren't to many. But we wanted a window...so we ended up way down on the Main deck. We have never been this low, but with 5 traveling we were watching the cost:eek: We just couldn't see 5 in a room:(

Last cruise we visited Camp Carnival knowing this cruise was coming up ......I was totally impressed. They have so much for them to do at all ages. Or not!

We are so happy with Carnival we don't see any need to change...

One other thing...I see you are in N.J......

Another reason we chose these ports.....the ship is out of Canerval...which is only 1 hour away for us.. The alternative was Miami/Ft. Lauderdale......which is a 4 hour car ride with 3 kids in the back seat:p Need I say more???

:) I think we are going to check out Carnival to New England. Worst case planning! If one get's terribly homesick, it is not too far for them to be retrieved by their parents or relatives we have in New England! I am also thinking about Bermuda, but I know there can be some rough seas on the way there. We hit some on our cruise this October.

:) I think we are going to check out Carnival to New England. Worst case planning! If one get's terribly homesick, it is not too far for them to be retrieved by their parents or relatives we have in New England!

From what I have read on these boards, this could be a problem and fines if you leave the ship without visiting a foreign port.

My cherubs will be 7 (him) and 10 (her) this summer. I am looking for something fairly sedate for us (no Disney) , but interesting and fun for them. I was also wondering do you end up get two adjoining cabins or what to do this?

Many thanks!

MSC is running a promotion for grandparents. Kids sail free when traveling in the same cabin with their grandparents:). This might be something to look into!

Many thanks!

Do the Carnival Victory out of New York or Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne. I think either would be fantastic for you and the Grandkids. I have done the Carnival Victory and it was a great value and alot of fun.

Archived