supermarket/walgreen's near Pan Pacific?

Jetswdo

No Walgreen's in Canada. Our big pharmacy chains are: Shopper's Drug Mart (Pharmaprix in Quebec), Pharmasave, London Drugs, Jean Coutu, Uniprix, Rexall.

There are a few Shopper's Drug Mart stores in that area, the one in the Pacific Centre is probably the most convenient. I picked up some stuff there when I was in Vancouver last fall. That one is at 700 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V7Y 1E4. It's not the closest, but it is large and they do carry water and soft drinks. In fact, I picked up a six pack of my favourite lemon water there before my cruise. (Life brand, which is their own brand). And there is a Tim's as well as a Seven-Eleven just up the street. And quite a few small restaurants where you can pick up a nice Bento box.

As far as I know, there are no major supermarkets in the area, only small ones. Land is at a premium in downtown areas in Canada. No place to put a large supermarket. Larger pharmacies and small corner/convenience stores take their place.

There is a Pharmasave at the corner of Granville and Pender (just a couple of blocks up from the Pan Pacific), and a large London Drugs on the corner of Granville and Georgia (a couple more blocks up). There is a new Urban Fare, grocery/pharmacy a little west of the Pan at Bute and Cordova (upscale, but some different selection). It's still walkable, but a little further than the first suggestions.

Mike

PG 2001 2004

We will be overnight at Pan Pacific before our cruise leaves from Vancouver pier. Is there a Walgreen's type drug store or supermarket near the hotel to pick up a 6 pack of water and soda? Thanks, Anita

Super Market; Urban Fare (small & upscale) 3 blocks west at Cordova & Bute

Shoppers Drug Mart; NE corner of Granville & Dunsmuir (a few blocks).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=urban+fare+vancouver&ie=UTF8&ll=49.28967,-123.117986&spn=0.014891,0.047035&z=15&iwloc=B&*****=1

If you're coming in through YVR, there's a 7-11 at the airport (in the terminal building).

Thanks all. London drugs has my Sprite Zero and bottled water. (I checked their website.) Hopefullly it isn't too long a walk from Pan Pacific. If so I guess I can stop by taxi on the way back from Aquarium at Stanley Park. Anita

Thanks all. London drugs has my Sprite Zero and bottled water. (I checked their website.) Hopefullly it isn't too long a walk from Pan Pacific. If so I guess I can stop by taxi on the way back from Aquarium at Stanley Park. Anita

It's a very short walk (about 5 small blocks) from London Drugs on Granville Street to the Pan Pacific Hotel.

Archived