radiance class aft-structure

kevn123

I was thinking of booking a family suite on the Jewel. Is the aft structure present on the Radiance class as it is on the Voyager? There is a FS available on deck 7 and 8. If it is there, which deck would provide the best view?

Thanks Sue so much for helping me decide. What a great picture!

You are very welcome, have a wonderful cruise. The Radiance class is my absolute favorite. If you want to see pictures of the ship click on either of the links in my signature for Brilliance or Serenade.

We had 7672 on the Jewel back in 2004.

While the room itself was wonderful, the balcony was not that great. It doesn't have the metal structure that is on the Voyager class, but since it is on the corner, there was a lot of the balcony that wasn't usable as the railings came in, quite deep.

I think we only 2 regular chairs on it- no loungers.

Now, perhaps my memory isn't perfect on this cabin ( we sailed 6 weeks after my dad passed away), but I'm comparing it to aft balconies on the Mariner that we've had, and it just doesn't compare.

Here is a little more info on those two cabins... I stayed in the FS on deck 7 and my friends stayed in the FS on deck 8. Here are some differences between the cabins (they do not have the same layout):

The balcony on deck 8 is much larger.

The master bedroom is much larger on deck 8.

The "living room" area is much larger on deck 7.

Basically you give up living room space for master bedroom space on deck 8.

Hope this is helpful.

zoom- Yes, I definitely remember the living room was huge, which was great for my 13 month old dd. that was before they had the fisher price program, so we wanted a lot of space for her to play and practice walking.

kevn- Please don't take my comments as negative overall about the cabin- the room itself was awesome- I was just expecting more usable balcony space based on the size of it.

have a great cruise,

Wendy

We have had 8670 and 8672 on the Brilliance and loved the cabins. They are a D1 catagory. Friends from the M & M had 1600 which is an OS which was awesome. It had a large cabin and a huge wrap around balcony. Not sure what cabin you want to book, but 9672 is a huge D1 cabin as well.

We have 1390 booked on the Voyager next week. Here is hoping that the balcony is half as good as the Brilliance class.

Archived