Does anyone do late seating with kids at the Kids Club?

Suzanne74

Does anyone do late seating without their kids??

Just to wrap up last years cruise real quick. DD 5 was with us and everyday after being in the pool, beach, snorkeling, dolphins etc... she was wiped by 4-5pm and would nap for a solid hour and a half. This made early dining very rushed for all of us not to mention she was bored to tears with all the adults and 3 teenagers at our table. She behaved very well but it was long and tedious - even I felt it was long. We let her go to the kids club early the 3rd night and we had her in the kids club for the last formal night (they offered dinner at the kids club) and 2 nights we went to Chops in which we took her to buffet after her nap but before the kids club opened then dropped her off before we ate. Those 2 evenings were the best for all of us which made me decide to do late seating this cruise especially since my sister and her family and young kids (4 and 6) who nap late afternoon are coming too.

But now that it is getting closer, I am starting to feel guilty even though when I asked dd about dining with us she said, no thanks, LOL! She just loves Adventure Ocean as well as the buffet and self serve ice cream!

I know most families enjoy their kids there at dinner, especially when they are teenagers that they barely see otherwise on vacation but we will have the kids with us all day long and feel they that would enjoy this option better as well. I am just not sure why I am feeling torn all of a sudden.

I wish there was a 7pm seating :D

Anyway, if anyone has ever done this option, let me know how it was and if you have tried both, which do you prefer?

Thanks!

We have done both and my son and DIL prefer the late seating. They have 7 kids and we all leave on their 5th cruise next week. Current ages now range from 3 to 18. The younger ones will sometimes go to camp and sometimes come to dinner. The teenagers always come to dinner since they meet up with friends later. Early dinners were too rushed, especially when returning from excursions. We usually feed the younger ones at the buffet earlier before dropping them off at camp. If they do come to dinner, they leave early to return to their camp. We try to stay pretty flexible and it works out great. I always thought that most families choose early seating and was surprised how well late seating worked for us.

Dawnrae

On our last cruise our son, 5, went to the kids club while we ate dinner. He really had no interest in sitting with us when there were so many fun things to do. Our daughter, 8, preferred to be with us. Anyway, we did have our son at dinner the last night because we thought he should make an appearance. You shouldn't feel guilty. This trip is for all of you. You should all be having a good time.

We have always done late seating. We had the kids eat the buffet when it opened at 6pm. Sometimes they would rather do pizza. They would be ready for kids club when it opened at 7pm. Now that they are teens they eat at late seating with us. They only stay through entree and then excuse themselves to go find their friends.

We did the Carnival Liberty last year and we had late seating. Our son Aidan was 2 and he always went to Camp Carnival while we went to dinner. It worked out best for all of us that way, Aidan went and had fun (he LOVED CC) and we got to have nice quite dinners for a change. We did bring him to the dining room twice, once being a formal night and he didn't seem to mind being there as our wait staff treated him like a Prince...lol. Our jr. waiter did magic tricks for him! I think if your little one preferes to go to the kids club then so be it, you all get to do what you enjoy then.

Happy Cruising :)

Barb

Well that was my plan all along, but my 3yo wasn't having it. He refused to go to the kids club. He went the first night only. And he asked to "go home" after an hour. My parents were using our balcony that night and so they picked him up and put him to bed. The next night he flat our refused to go back. No way were we going to take him to the dining room, so we just Windjammered it the rest of the cruise.

My kids are fairly well behaved, but I don't expect them to sit down in a nice restaurant for at least an hour. That's just too much for them. And it's not as enjoyable for DH and I.

Thanks everyone. I think we are going to keep it. I am going to have her come with us at least once - probably a formal night unless she changes her mind. It was just so rushed last year that I hope this works out for all of us. Thanks!

Thanks everyone. I think we are going to keep it. I am going to have her come with us at least once - probably a formal night unless she changes her mind. It was just so rushed last year that I hope this works out for all of us. Thanks!

Oh yeah just try to get her there with you on formal night. ;) That's when the kid's club goes out to eat together. :p

Formal night seems to be the only night we don't have kids. They go with us for pictures, then it's off to Johnny Rockets.

Oh yeah just try to get her there with you on formal night. ;) That's when the kid's club goes out to eat together. :p

Formal night seems to be the only night we don't have kids. They go with us for pictures, then it's off to Johnny Rockets.

Oh wait, you are right :o Well, she has to be with us the first night so I guess we will see how it goes from then on.... I am guessing she will be a no show! :p

Do you keep them in their dresses when they go off?

We always do late seating. My ds (9) really doesn't want to sit through dinner with us, lol. He is a horribly picky eater anyway. We would just order chicken nuggets through the room service and he would eat in the cabin while we were getting ready for dinner. On formal nights he would get dressed up in his tux and take pictures with us and then rush back to the cabin to change so he could get to AO right when they opened, lol. :D He loves going to the kids clubs. He goes to dinner with us on the first night, of course, and then the other cruises we've been on have coincided with dh's birthday, so he would go to dinner on that night also.

We would just order chicken nuggets through the room service and he would eat in the cabin while we were getting ready for dinner.

Oh, I forgot about room service. That is another option, especially because we have a balcony! Thanks.

We have always done late seating for dinner. We all like to nap before dinner after a long day outside in the sun.

We usually get a snack for our son in the windjammer around 6ish. Then, most nights he will come with us to the dining room ( he doesnt eat a full meal.. usually just some bread, maybe some pasta and some dessert). Some nights I have even brought him to the kids club after the main course and before our dessert. This worked out really well on one cruise when we were seated with another family with a child the same age. 2 parents would excuse themselves and take the kids upstairs mid way through the meal... giving the kids some time in the dining room and some time in the kids club. ( since the kids club is usually aft and the dining room is aft... it is usually a straight shot up the elevator to the kids club and back... took us no more then 5 minutes to get there and back)

Some nights, like pirate night, DS would choose to go straight to the kids club when the opened and not come to the dining room at all.

We always do late seating also. we have 3 boys 3,4, & 9. We give the kids a nap, at least the 2 youngest, late in the afternoon (dad usually joins them too:) ). Then before dinner we'll bring the kids to the kids's club, we'll have a predinner drink (or two), and then pick them up from the club to join us for dinner. Always worked great for us.

Archived