Boolchand's

Sailinsuzy

I went to St Martin just before Christmas and on a wim bought our daughter a dig. camera for Christmas at their store there. Only to come home and find she already bought one while we were away.

Be aware, as we were not..only place this is printed anywhere is on the bill they put in your bag. NO REFUNDS!! We sent the camera back and are stopping payment with the CC.

Also found the same camera on the internet for over a $150 less.

Make sure you know what you want and the price you can get it here before shopping. Also they have an internet page just search. I e-mailed them 3 times to explain our situation and they never responded back!

We did get my other daughter dimond earrings that we reserched before we left and got a good price at another store..be prepared to barter.

N

Another word of advice on camera shopping. What you purchase in Aruba may be duty free, but there is a government 3% tax on all goods.

My father in law went to purchase a new digital camera a couple of years back (not at Boolchands) and shopped around a few of the stores in downtown Oranjestad. Not sure of the pricing he had received, my dh took him to the internet cafe. Looking up the prices online they discovered there were no bargains to be had.

Know what you are looking for and know what the pricing is here in the states on the same item. Many electronics stores here in the US are having sales right now to get rid of some inventory which did not sell over Christmas. I hate to see people get ripped off :mad: , so will now step down from my soap box. :o

Archived