Excursions in Jamaica and Grand Cayman

lauren0309

Jamaica has been hit hard by the most recent hurricane and Grand Cayman even harder. Just wondering how long it will be before they get back to normal. What will happen to those excursions that people booked. For the Stingray Excursions in Grand Cayman I wonder if those poor people have any boats left. We're going in February, hoping we can still do the excursions and they all will be back and running by then.

We have excursions booked in both Jamaica and Grand Cayman in two weeks. We're not even sure whether our ship is going to dock there yet -- this week's itinerary was switched to St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I don't think they are going to be ready in that short a time, especially in GC.

It's going to be a double whammy to deal with all the natural devastation as well as the lost tourist income. Curse that Ivan!

Esther

we are on the Enchantment this Sat the 18th to GC and Jamaica .. I am sure our itinerary will be changed .. but to what? with that new depression out there who knows where will will land ... I am not picky .. just grateful we are lucky enough to have weathered these past few storms with minimal damage.

My heart goes out to all those in Grenada, GC and Jamaica........

We leave in 45 days for the Navigator. My DH and I have come to the conclusion that GC and Jamaica may not be up to handling tourists in that time. Our itinerary may be changed, but to where we don't yet know. I feel so badly for the people on those islands.

Archived