New to Cruising

cmelendez6604

Hey All,

I'm pretty new to cruising...I've only been on one cruise b4 this but my boyfriends dad handled everything... On FEB 24 I'm going on the Carnival Legend to the western carribean!!!! I'm so exciting...I jus have a few quick questions??

1. When do I setup my sign and sail?

2. What is the Red, White and Blue team? I read that on some forums??

3. How do I know if theres goin to be a meet n greet from here? I did the Roll Call thing but how does that work?

4. On the Carnival can I bring my own water?? I read some mixed reviews..so I jus wanna kno if CARNIVAL lets u?

5. From the airport I have arranged transportation to the port thru Carnival...how do I kno where to pick that up?

6. If I don't go to formal night can we still get professional pics taken on the boat?

7. Do we tip at the end or every night at dinner?

8. Is there anyone else sailing with us in our age range, I'm 21 my bf 24??

:confused: :D

Thank you in advance!! I kno it's probably common knowledge, but I just want everything to go great.....Even if you can only answer one question...I need all the help I can get!!!!

Hey All,

I'm pretty new to cruising...I've only been on one cruise b4 this but my boyfriends dad handled everything... On FEB 24 I'm going on the Carnival Legend to the western carribean!!!! I'm so exciting...I jus have a few quick questions??

3. How do I know if theres goin to be a meet n greet from here? I did the Roll Call thing but how does that work?

4. On the Carnival can I bring my own water?? I read some mixed reviews..so I jus wanna kno if CARNIVAL lets u?

5. From the airport I have arranged transportation to the port thru Carnival...how do I kno where to pick that up?

6. If I don't go to formal night can we still get professional pics taken on the boat?

Thank you in advance!! I kno it's probably common knowledge, but I just want everything to go great.....Even if you can only answer one question...I need all the help I can get!!!!

I'll answer the ones I can.....

1) I think you can when you check in... I don't remember for sure.

2) Thats the teams for the contests on board ship. They announce the poinst for each team at dinner.

6) Yes

7) No tips can be prepaid, or paid at the end.

Hey All,

1. You'll be issued your Sail and Sign card during check in at the port.

2. The teams are set by dining assignment. You'll find out what team you're on at main dining the first evening.

3. Watch your roll call for Meet & Greet info. If one is going to happen you'll find the info there. Not all roll call groups do meet and greets but most do.

4. Yeah, you can bring water with you but the quality of the water on board is EXCELLENT. I wouldn't bother.

5. Contact your PVP for transfer information. He/she should be able to tell you where and when to meet your shuttle.

6. Sure. There are photo stations set up all over the ship. Just walk up to the photographer and get it done!

7. Tips are automatically added to your Sail and Sign account. $10/day/pp. So, for two people on a seven day cruise your account is charged $140 immediately.

8. Carnival cruises are broken up nearly in thirds. One third twenty to thirty five, one third thirty five to fifty five and one third above. There'll be plenty of folks your age to meet. The shorter cruises seem to attract a younger crowd.

Hope this helps. Any more questions just ask!

Hey All,

YAY for you. Welcome! Here are the ones I can help with:

1. You can add money to your account ahead of time (I believe) with a debit or credit card. Or, before you board, at check-in they will set it up for you there.

2. It's my understanding that these are teams that there are "competitions" for throughout your cruise. It's up to you if you choose to participate...but there aren't any prizes or anything.

3. Keep up on the roll call. Ask the people there. Usually someone will take the initiative and set up a time and a place to meet.

4. Yes, you are allowed to bring on reasonable amounts of your own bottled water, and soda as well, if you are so inclined.

5. In my experience, there has been someone from your transport company (in this case, the cruiseline) standing near the baggage claim, holding a sign with your last name on it.

6. Yes...the professional pictures are located throughout the atrium area, and you are able to have those done whenever a photographer is set up to do them.

7. Tips will be automatically added to your s & s card, at a rate of $10 per day. This is the only tipping that is REQUIRED (other than room service and porters), but it is recommended to offer cash tips to room stewards, bar staff, servers, etc. at the time of service, for special requests, excellent service, etc.

8. I can't help you with # 8, other than to say again...watch your roll call, and take an active part in it.

I hope you have a great cruise!!!

Welcome..... You have come to the right place - this site is great.

1) S&S is done at the pier. If you are using credit card you do it before you get on the ship. If you are using cash then you go to the purser desk once onboard.

2) Haven't read much about this lately - it appears that some ships are phasing it out or not putting a lot of emphasis on it. Basically splits the ship into colors and points are award for winners of activities and tally for the team they are on.

3) About all you can do is Roll Call as Carnival does not have an official Meet & Greet. You can meet new people at the Captain's cocktail party if you are the outgoing type. Just start talking to the people around you.

4) Yes you can bring your own water. We take a 6 pack that we can take off the ship - return the empties to the ship to refill for the next port as the water on the ship is filtered and very good. I don't drink bottled water on the ship - just onshore.

5) The airport shuttle - not 100% sure as I have never used this. I have hear bad reports about this service as you must wait until the bus is full before leaving and if you have a flight coming in close to sailing time you could miss the boat. Regardless of what they tell you buying the shuttle passes does not guarantee that they will hold the ship for you.

6) There will be places set up all over the ship to get your professional photos. Don't fall for the sign in the photo department that basically tells you that you won't be able to scan without a watermark - this is not true. You CAN scan them and reprint them when you get home. If you opt to go to a retailer then you call Carnival Guest Services and ask for a photo release.

7) Carnival uses a reverse gratutity system. The tips will show up on your online account and will be charged to your credit card at the end of the cruise. If is $10 per person per day.

8) Have to check the roll call for that.

Hope this helps. I have a website that you might find useful - www.seauonboard.com.

7. Tips will be automatically added to your s & s card, at a rate of $10 per day. This is the only tipping that is REQUIRED (other than room service and porters), but it is recommended to offer cash tips to room stewards, bar staff, servers, etc. at the time of service, for special requests, excellent service, etc.

No tips are required. They will put a charge equal to $10 per person per day on your s & s, but you are permitted to adjust the amount up or down or even have it totally removed if prefer to tip in cash or you decide not to tip at all. Hopefully you will enjoy the service and will be happy to pay at least the suggested gratuitities, but they are NOT required.

Archived