Tampa embarkation process

Tomcat2245

We will going out from Tampa on the Carnival Legend on 4/20/08. We will be staying with friends in the Tampa area, the day before departure. Our friends will drive us to the port. How close to the ship can they drop us off? On previous cruises the hotel shuttle dropped us off right next to ship. I don't recall seeing private cars being able to do the same thing. If private cars cannot approach the ship, where can our friends drop us off and how far/difficult is it to carry luggage to the ship? Is traffic heavy around the port? Would we be better off taking a cab? Thank you for your help.

PSBCAP is right, there is a small turn-in area, drive in one side and out the other, only about 100 feet to the entrance. It is a fairly long walk one you get inside, but, what cruiseport isn't.

Since I live in the Tampa bay area, I usually drop my wife and all the luggage, and go park the car. It is all really pretty easy

Thank you for the quick response. It's nice to know that there is a convenient drop off spot; I was expecting a very long hike, with luggage. Thanks again.

Do it in reverse if you can. when you get back send someone to the garage for the car. I was by myself so had to shlep my luggage to the car.

Archived