Dawn questions

cmztravelers

Cruising on the Dawn at the end of February and I have a few questions about some of the amenities of the ship.

#1 - Are hair dryers provided in the bathrooms?

#2 - What free beverages are available, other than coffee - hot and iced tea, fruit punch, lemonade? I have made iced tea before using the tea bags supplied for hot tea if necessary.

#3 - Are there any public laundry rooms on the ship? I don't seem any on the deck plans. We had them on the Diamond Princess ship last year and it was great. The had a number of ironing boards set up, too.

Thanks for your help.

Cruising on the Dawn at the end of February and I have a few questions about some of the amenities of the ship.

#2 - What free beverages are available, other than coffee - hot and iced tea, fruit punch, lemonade? I have made iced tea before using the tea bags supplied for hot tea if necessary.

#3 - Are there any public laundry rooms on the ship? I don't seem any on the deck plans. We had them on the Diamond Princess ship last year and it was great. The had a number of ironing boards set up, too.

Thanks for your help.

1) Yes, our hairdryer was attached to the vanity table not in the bathroom

2)iced/hot tea coffee only saw juice in the am

don't remember seeing lemonade or fruit punch

3)We had one on deck 10 free to use machines but you needed own detergent. Yes there was an ironing board set up

Thanks for your help.

1. I have had a blow dryer in my AF Mini-Suite on the Dawn. I am pretty sure that all of the rooms had them. I have long thick hair and the NCL Dryer was fine for me.

2. Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate, Iced Tea (unsweetened) are free always - Juices are available for free with breakfast. I think there is Cappucino for free in the evenings with dinner.

3. There are public laundry rooms. If my memory is correct - Deck 5, 9 or 10, and 11. Ask your room steward of the nearest location. They have 3 washers and 3 dryers that are free to use. The soap is a laundromat box of Tide that you would need to purchase for $1.00 (Quarters). I buy All liquid in the trial sizes at Walmart for $.97. Each bottle does 2 loads. The laundry rooms also have 2 Ironing Boards and Irons for use.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

The hair dryer is great. I have shoulder length hair and I found the hair dryer to be excellent.

Their iced tea is nasty. I made my own. I brought 2 big mugs. Added tea bags to hot water in the first mug. Then with a 2nd big mug loaded up with ice, I poured the hot tea in to make iced tea.

Enjoy the Dawn. My sister and I did.

Archived