Room service?

vtjaime

When I was first researching cruise lines, I read somewhere that one of them will do room service at no additional charge, and I *think* it was HAL. Now that I'm booked on the Oosterdam, I'm curious!

Just FYI - I've sailed on HAL, Princess, Norwegian, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean and can definitely say that they ALL have room service at no additional charge. That being said, it's always nice to give a tip in cash at the time of delivery of any room service.

Enjoy your cruise on the Oosterdam, she's a very nice ship!

• 2 weeks later...
This was *very* helpful! We are first time cruisers (period) and

obviously on the Oosterdam. Thanks for taking the time to assist

others!

Coeur d'Alene Jane

Have a wonderful time on your cruise! I have family in Coeur d'Alene. I just love the area...it's so beautiful. We were there this past September.

The Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast was my favorite. It was really yummy.

I anxiously awaited the night that they had the Parm Chicken earlier this month. Had to chose between that and the prime rib - too much for me to eat both. I chose the chicken - told the steward that it was the best recipe on HAL - he gave me a big wink and thumbs up.

I have been on 3 different cruise lines and I thought all cruise lines offered free room service. I had it on RCCL, Princess and Hal. Its so much fun to be able to call in for a full meal or just a snack. Just remember to tip the person that brings it. On Princess we were able to talk them into delivering lobster on formal night to our room for us and two other cruiser's that didn't feel like getting dressed up for formal night. Thank you Princess!

I thank you!...for answering and for the nice comments about our town!

This message board has become our nightly read..it's so fun to discuss this subject when we are first time cruisers...world travelers, but I just accomplished talking my husband into cruising to Alaska. We are delighted and this board is enhancing our excitement!

Jane

... On Princess we were able to talk them into delivering lobster on formal night to our room for us and two other cruiser's that didn't feel like getting dressed up for formal night. Thank you Princess!

On HAL there is no "talking into" involved! Any night, in any cabin, you can order a full dinner off that night's dining room menu, to be delivered at a time of your choosing within dining room hours. The only "catch" is that you have to call in and place the order within the first half an hour after the time the dining room first opens for dinner. And, of course, the person who brings it should be tipped generously for schlepping all that food!

I anxiously awaited the night that they had the Parm Chicken earlier this month. Had to chose between that and the prime rib - too much for me to eat both. I chose the chicken - told the steward that it was the best recipe on HAL - he gave me a big wink and thumbs up.

I just hope it's available on our next cruise. I've read a couple of posts that mentioned it was missing from the menu. It was really, really good. There was another chicken dish (the night they served Surf and Turf) that I wished I would have tried. Someone at the table next to us had it and it looked really good.

I thank you!...for answering and for the nice comments about our town!

This message board has become our nightly read..it's so fun to discuss this subject when we are first time cruisers...world travelers, but I just accomplished talking my husband into cruising to Alaska. We are delighted and this board is enhancing our excitement!

Jane

Alaska is on our list of places to cruise to...and I'd like to do it in the next year or so. It is a great board. I found CC prior to our first cruise...and all the info really helped when I was planning our trip.

Archived