Royal Caribbean Snorkel Excursions?

Cindy

I posted this on the "scuba & snorkel" board a few days ago, but I haven't had any luck.:( I thought I'd try here and see if any of you can help me. Thanks!:)

I'm having a hard time deciding between three RCCL snorkel excursions in Grand Cayman. Two choices are the Reef & Wreck Snorkel on a "motor cruiser" or Grand Cayman Snorkeling to the same locations on a "custom dive boat." The other is the Catamaran Sail & Snorkel along 7 Mile Beach on a "luxury catamaran."

We're definitely going to stick with ship's excursions because of the tendering in GC. If you've experienced any of these trips or similar, what can you tell me about the size of the boats and the quality of the snorkeling locations? Thanks!

We're definitely going to stick with ship's excursions because of the tendering in GC.

I think that is the reason you haven't gotten more responses. I think most CC members generally avoid the ship's excursions when independent tours are available for the same trip.

I think that is the reason you haven't gotten more responses. I think most CC members generally avoid the ship's excursions when independent tours are available for the same trip.

Why? :confused:

Price and number of people on a tour are the two big reasons. The Independent tours are often less expensive and usually have few people on them.

How would one go about booking a non-cruise line excursion?

Find them online and book them that way is the most common method.

Here is one of several sites that offer Grand Cayman snorkel tours.

You can also just snorkel from shore at several sites right in Georgetown near where the tenders dock. Look for information on Eden Rock.

Archived