Blow-up baby pool...

alh1722

Hello! I need some help picking out the right blow-up baby pool for our 9-month-old on the NCL Dawn in Feb.:eek: We have a balcony that we would like to be able to set the pool on during restless afternoons and we would like to to be able to take it to the real pool for some sun for mommy and daddy:D I have heard a lot of people recommending them and think it is a fantastic idea since DD won't be able to get in the big pool quite yet. I was just wandering if you would take a look at these and tell me which one you think would be best:

http://www.calsplash.com/hg-000157.html

or

http://www.calsplash.com/tg-000563.html

(the small or the medium??)

Thanks for your help:)

The first one with the the hanging stars is perfect. It is also the smallest

and easier to find the space around the pool for it. We gave our room

steward 3 dollars for blowing our up.

If your up on deck at the pool, just be sure to place it out of the way

so others can easily walk by.

Have a great cruise.

Actually someone posted a picture of where they put their baby pool and it is not in the way. I thought the same thing until they showed the picture but the pool is pretty small. It is a good idea, I think. It is not a gigantic huge blowup pool but a small one. Safer for the baby too.

Wentworth-

Thanks for the reply! :D I was thinking that was the most appropriate as well~:)

Gazingm42-

Our DD won't be able to get in the pool on the cruise ship, she is 9 months and not potty trained quite yet, but it is going to be hot and she LOVES the water...While I appreciate your comment I can assure you our DD will not be in the way in any area. If she is then we will be sure to move her. I would never put others in harm. Just so that you know, many people have suggested these and our TA said they are very common aboard:)

Have a great new year:)

alh1722

The smaller and simplier the better. There should be no problem with putting it on your balcony, or up on deck in an out of the way place. It would empty into the drain.

Yes, smaller and simpler would be better. All of the pools you are looking at are at least 3.5 feet wide. Why not take a look at one that will do dual duty and not take up so much deck space and is easier to fill (and empty)?

http://www.target.com/Munchkin-Duck-Bathtub/dp/B000066665/sr=1-1/qid=1200254511/ref=sr_1_1/602-1916663-5823008?ie=UTF8&rh=k%3Aduck%5Fbathtub%5Fmunchkin&page=1

This will also fit in the shower for a bath and can be used as a swimming pool for your baby. I used a similar one for my munchkin when she was 10 mos and 15 mos.

Safe travels!

Yes, smaller and simpler would be better. All of the pools you are looking at are at least 3.5 feet wide. Why not take a look at one that will do dual duty and not take up so much deck space and is easier to fill (and empty)?

http://www.target.com/Munchkin-Duck-Bathtub/dp/B000066665/sr=1-1/qid=1200254511/ref=sr_1_1/602-1916663-5823008?ie=UTF8&rh=k%3Aduck%5Fbathtub%5Fmunchkin&page=1

This will also fit in the shower for a bath and can be used as a swimming pool for your baby. I used a similar one for my munchkin when she was 10 mos and 15 mos.

Safe travels!

We took that exact same tub with us on our cruise! It fit perfectly in the shower and had we chosen to take it on the main deck it would have taken up less space than my beach bag, books, and shoes. ;) It holds a good amount of water and provides ample opportunity to splash.

That being said, I would say the little yellow one would be a good choice if you have your heart set on a pool. You don't need that much water to splash around in and have fun when you're small! :)

We have a balcony that we would like to be able to set the pool on during restless afternoons

This may be a stupid question.... how do you plan to empty it if you use it on your balcony? You can't dump it off the side. After you add some water, it could be heavy.

This may be a stupid question.... how do you plan to empty it if you use it on your balcony? You can't dump it off the side. After you add some water, it could be heavy.

Tha small ducky type bath tub pool only holds a few gallons. The ice bucket works really well for emptying.

To the OP: Please do not dump the water off the balcony! It will drain to one of your neighbors - ewhhh!

She will probably use a minimal amount of water for a 9 month old.

A bath towel would absorb most of it.

alh, we were on the Carnival Liberty and used the little pool at the the

pool on lido deck aft. Found a perfect place out of the way and filled

the pool with water from the shower. Also dumped it out in the shower

drain.

gaz, no I am not kidding you. this is a great compromise for a small

child who is not allowed in the pools. As long as it is not placed in the

pathway of other cruisers it works fine. AND there really are places that

do not cause hazards to other guests!!

I used a small blow up bath tub for my 15 month old. I purchased it at Toys R Us for about $8.00. I believe the brand was Especially Baby. It was the perfect size for my baby to splash around in and fit nicely between our two lounge chairs. The chairs didn't even need to be moved to make room for it. Good luck planning:)

Here is a picture of my son at almost 9 mos old in the 'Esp. For Baby' brand blow up bathtub (purchased at TRU) aboard the NCL Dawn in Dec 2004.

This is small, cheap, easy to blow up, and have double use in shower for bath time. This tub took up less space than a lounge chair. We borrowed one of the buckets (from the bucket o beers special) to fill up and my husband dumped the water down the shower drains poolside. Babies don't need a lot of water, just an inch or two for splashing and pour from one plastic cup to another (again, plastic cups widely available from bar).

Be prepared for grannies to come snap pictures of your little darling as she will be irresistibly cute poolside.

120704_0487sm.jpg.e757deb85e414841a4370d421debe262.jpg

Yay, thanks for the great idea. I've been feeling guilty ever since I learned about the potty training rule that our 18 mo old would be left out of all the fun when we go to the Caribbean next month. This bath looks perfect and I NEVER would have thought of it in a million years (until, of course, I saw all the other wee ones with their own on board!).

Yay, thanks for the great idea. I've been feeling guilty ever since I learned about the potty training rule that our 18 mo old would be left out of all the fun when we go to the Caribbean next month. This bath looks perfect and I NEVER would have thought of it in a million years (until, of course, I saw all the other wee ones with their own on board!).

Did you use the term "wee" ones on purpose? :D:p (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Just so that you know, many people have suggested these and our TA said they are very common aboard:)
We were at the pool just about all the time on our recent Mariner cruise, and we didn't see anyone using blow-up pools. It's a good thing too: the chairs are so close together that they literally touch arms. You'd have to put a small pool in a walkway -- there's no way you could do this without inconveniencing other people.

On your own balcony, that's fine -- that's your own space -- but there just is nowhere in the main pool area.

We were at the pool just about all the time on our recent Mariner cruise, and we didn't see anyone using blow-up pools. It's a good thing too: the chairs are so close together that they literally touch arms. You'd have to put a small pool in a walkway -- there's no way you could do this without inconveniencing other people.

On your own balcony, that's fine -- that's your own space -- but there just is nowhere in the main pool area.

I guess it depends on the ship and at what pool you settle in at. As I

stated before, there was plenty of room at the aft pool on the lido deck.

We were on the Carnival Liberty. We placed the pool in the little "niche"

between the hot tub and pool. It was out of the way of anyone passing

between the pool and the chairs and not inconveniencing anyone. Again,

it must depend on the size and layout of the ships.

Wow, it sounds like they try to pack you in like sardines on that ship!

Actually, the OP will be sailing on the Dawn. They have a section of the ship desiginated as a kid's pool area. This was similiar to what we had on the Spirit. We had plenty of room between lounge chairs to place a small blow up tub. It took up no more room than if I had stuck DD's stroller in between our two chairs to keep her contained. Definitely not an inconvenience to anyone!

Archived