El Cid Resort

new_to_cruising

I have tried emailing this resort with no feedback from them. Can anyone tell me about this resort? How far is it from the port? What are the day pass costs and do we just "show up" the day we are there?

We are not looking at doing any excursions while in Cozumel - the El Cid would be a great "relaxing" day. If this isn't available, is there enough to do around the port if we just want to get off and enjoy the day? I've heard a little about Mr. Sanchos......

I think you'd be better off taking one of the many available taxis to one of the beach clubs on the West side. Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach if you have kids or want lots of activities. Playa Uvas or Playa Palancar if you don't want to be around kids and want a more quite, relaxed atmosphere.

i have been to el cid in 2005 and really enjoyed my visit. and i went there because i had arranged on gettin a massage there so i didnt have to pay for using the resort after.

well in a few weeks myself and 4 other cruise critic buddies are goin back after finding the 35 dollar all day pass here on the boards.

i too have sent a few emails to them with no return. but after reading a few threads and posts about the $35 dollar package. i am thinkin that this is just offered at the dock and we are goin to take our chances and buy it was we get to the peir. the resort was great in 2005 and since the huricane it looks even better.

well the distance to el cid well be determined on where your ship docks.

well i will be there on jan 29th and i can report back when i get home.

We were there about 3 years ago. We just wanted to snorkel so we discovered that you could do that from the tiny beach right beside the International pier for free. After shopping, some of our group went back on the ship and some of us snorkeled right infront of El Cid. You can swim under the resteraunt deck and see lots of fish as people throw in bits of food from the dock. If you are a stong swimmer there is a sunken airplane a ways out. We found this a great free spot!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Royal Caribbean, not sure what doc it was called, but it was a block away and we had a great time. The food and drinks were great and they workers there were very nice. It was $35 and we found it with representative right at the dock. He walked us over and we paid a "deposit" to a vendor and then paid the rest at the hotel. It was a great day and everyone, including the kids had fun.

I was just there on Saturday, there were 6 of us and we loved it. It was a great day. It is by the International pier, we docked at the pier downtown and the taxi was $2 per person. We just went there and bought the day pass for $35 pp. It has a beach area with lots of chairs and umbrellas, a pool, a big hot tub with a swim up bar, a waterfall into the ocean. There is a open air restruant with the buffet that was great, it had fajitas, pasta, rice, fish, rolls, and some other stuff I can't remember. They also broght us chips, salsa and guacamole to our table. They brought us drinks all day, even when we weren't asking for them. The service was great. They have towels there and you can snorkel for 1 1/2 hour. It was pretty good snorkeling, not great but we saw alot of fish and it was fun. You can get a message there but that's extra and I don't know how much. It was a great relaxing day and it wasn't very crowded there, no problem finding chairs on the beach or by the pool.

Yes, there is a small swimming beach area with a waterfall that falls into the water. The pool is a nice size. I don't know what they charge for children. I don't think I saw any children there the day we went. You might be better off going to Paradise Beach, they have a bigger swimming area and water toys for kids.

Archived