Rum Runner Flasks

Winnie..did you buy yours from the link above yours? Are they safe in a packed suitcase? ...altho I'm sure I'd put it in a zip lock. Looks like the discount is free S&H. Seems like a good price & it was the same for 8oz or 16 oz. ?? TIA

Just back from the Brilliance and took several of these flasks and had no problem. I did put them in zip locks just to be safe though. The funny part was that we actually brought some back full! I never expected to do that, but it was hard finding mixers when you wanted them. At breakfast they have juices, so we would order a couple of orange juices from room service and then put them in the fridge for later. But that was only good for one drink. I should have bought a 6 pack of tonic water or small bottles of cranberry juice to mix with the vodka. The lemonade at lunch was pretty weak so it was just okay for a couple of drinks.

I guess it all depends on what you drink, but we found it was more of a hassle to make our own drinks. Also, the ice buckets in the cabins are tiny, so not much ice readily available. Needless to say, we spent a ton on drinks. Compared to the HAL cruise I was on in October, RCI's drink prices are alot higher. But RCI does have some nice glasses...be sure to check out the light up plastic glasses you can buy. Have fun on your cruise!

Winnie..did you buy yours from the link above yours? Are they safe in a packed suitcase? ...altho I'm sure I'd put it in a zip lock. Looks like the discount is free S&H. Seems like a good price & it was the same for 8oz or 16 oz. ?? TIA

www.rumrunnerflasks.com

The cruise kit is 21.95 usd. Six in several sizes.

Have fun and happy cruising!

www.rumrunnerflasks.com

The cruise kit is 21.95 usd. Six in several sizes.

They look quite substantial but haven't used them yet.

Have fun and happy cruising!

What to do? <cellphone>is $7/1 & <rumrunner> is 3/$10. RR shows how they can be twisted ect. 2 of you have used these on cruises in middle of packed suitcases & no rupture of bags? Wonder if I could actually take one in carry on? Is the story true about XRAY machines detecting alcohol? Hard for me to believe! Cruizin Suzi, which did you use?

Feel sure the 3/$10 will be more than we need. I do use OJ or Sprite for mix so no prob. there.:)

TIA. Need to order this wk.

I have used the rum runner flask on both of my cruise’s with no problem.

I have also used a plastic bottle of whisky – it was not confiscated but my luggage was detained. I think they mostly check for the shape of items. Those flasks could really be any shape and size. They were all with in our checked luggage. My sisters bags were not detained.

Hope this helps with your questions. :o

I just ordered the 32 oz ones. It said standard shipping is 14 days to Canada, but if I paid more they would ship faster.

Anyone ever had rumrunners confiscated or had a leak? Just wondering.............(sorry to hijack)

No….they are pretty sturdy and thick. You would have to try pretty hard to puncture one. The caps are fairly tight as well. Like the other poster said – toss in a zip lock just to be sure.

I just ordered the 32 oz ones. It said standard shipping is 14 days to Canada, but if I paid more they would ship faster.

Anyone ever had rumrunners confiscated or had a leak? Just wondering.............(sorry to hijack)

They're made of a very tough polymer material I believe but many put them in baggies to be on the safe side.

I remember once traveling with liquor in those heavy lexan sport bottles. I put them in baggies and still had leak throughs. I'm thinking that the air pressure in the cargo holds of the airliner forced the liquid out. If I ever do it again I'll only fill them about 3/4 full to allow for expansion. Made quite a mess on my clothing.

You don't know what punctured it? They certainly aren't puncture proof.

Never figured it out. It was such a mess, the ziplock still had liquid in it and we didn't take the time to investigate, just rushed to save what we could. Luckily all our stuff seemed to absorb the mess, I don't think anyone else's luggage was affected. We don't smuggle anymore.

Never figured it out. It was such a mess, the ziplock still had liquid in it and we didn't take the time to investigate, just rushed to save what we could. Luckily all our stuff seemed to absorb the mess, I don't think anyone else's luggage was affected. We don't smuggle anymore.

Yea, that's what happened with my lexan bottles which were also inside baggies. I suspect that somehow the pressure in the cargo hold "pushed" the booze out through the seams of both the bottles and the baggies. Capt Morgan definitely doesn't look very well on white shirts, lol.

Never used the RR's, but on my past cruise found smuggling was inconvenient. Pain to carry it around to get a mixer and never wanted to go back to room for it. I brought on the mini bottles and brought them right back home. Was way too much to do to keep running back to room. I found the bars not that expensive and was busy doing stuff, so I didn't drink as much as I though I would. I was going to relax and have fun, not get drunk.

Just my experience, not bashing smuggling.

Archived