El Cid Resort - Cozumel

I have posted this on the Cozumel section, but haven't had many responses. Maybe someone here can help me.

We will be in Cozumel at the end of the month and don't want to do any excursions. I have heard about the El Cid Resort - anyone been there? How much is a all-inclusive day pass? Is it far from the port? Do we have to book ahead of time or just show up?

If we decide not to do this, is there a lot to do around the port? I have heard of Mr. Sanchos..........any suggestions would be appreciated!

Well, I can help a little. While I don't know how much the all-inclusive day pass is, I can tell you from reading reviews that a lot of crew and passengers go there for the day. It's like 2 doors down from the dock. I think if you just show up it'll be okay.

But be careful! LOL Last time we were in Coz, we didn't have any big plans, and we were met at the dock by an American girl who offered us a free day pass at El Cid and all we had to do was listen to a 45 minute presentation about the resort. We got back on the ship as timeshare owners! So, just say no lol

We were in Cozumel in December. We were approached as soon as we walked down the pier by a representative of El Sid Resort. We were told we could use the resort facilities, which are right by the International Pier, for the day, have lunch, and 20 drink coupons for $11.50 for all four of us! Not for each person, for ALL four. The catch was we had to listen to a one hour sales presentation. This resort is part of a time share type system, but you buy points rather than a specific week. Since we had no other plans, we did it. The presentation really did take only one hour, but it was pretty miserable--in a big , loud room with lots of people sitting at tables with sales reps. Couldn't hear most of it. Took a quick tour of the facilities and then they gave us our lunch coupons, 20 drink coupons, and wrist bands. There really was no pressure to buy.

We had an OK lunch, and several drinks, but I was not that impressed with the place. There is no beach. You enter the water by cement steps. The pool was pretty, but I like a beach. We were with another couple, and they decided to stay, but we took a cab to Mr. Sanchos Beach and had a wonderful day. Another couple was waiting at the cab stand, so we shared a cab with them which cost $14 to go to Mr. Sanchos so that only cost us $7. There is no fee to use the beach and it was great! There are beach chairs, tables, umbrellas, pool, nice, clean restrooms and changing facilities all free. For a fee, there is horseback riding and water activities like parasailing, etc., and massages! It wasn't crowded at all. There's a restaurant and bar. Drinks weren't too expensive. Oh, and a Mariachi group walked around playing some local music! We would go back again for sure. :)

We stopped back at El Sid before we returned to the ship. Our friends that stayed there enjoyed it. We used the rest of our drink coupons, so we really did get our money's worth! It wasn't a bad experience. We just enjoyed the beautiful beach more than looking back at the ship all afternoon! I'd take Mr. Sanchos Beach again anytime. This is just our opinion, but I hope it helps. Oh, we're a pretty "laid back" couple in our 50's if that helps you know where this opinion is coming from! Enjoy your time in Cozumel.

We went on the Fascination. It cost $37 per person and included and open bar and lunch buffet and snorkeling equipment. We loved it. The beach are is tiny but they have sand trucked into make a faux beach for volleyball etc. There was a quiet area and a more active beach party area. I would go again. Obviously the price included transportation.

Well, I can help a little. While I don't know how much the all-inclusive day pass is, I can tell you from reading reviews that a lot of crew and passengers go there for the day. It's like 2 doors down from the dock. I think if you just show up it'll be okay.

But be careful! LOL Last time we were in Coz, we didn't have any big plans, and we were met at the dock by an American girl who offered us a free day pass at El Cid and all we had to do was listen to a 45 minute presentation about the resort. We got back on the ship as timeshare owners! So, just say no lol

Been there done that! Only in Curacao. Do you still have your timeshare?

Archived