Legend of the seas 12/12/04

davidw_4

• 4 weeks later...

David & Al,

My partner and I will be sailing on LotS on March 27, 2005 cruise. We would be interested in any information you care to share after your cruise.

This will be our sixth cruise and have found on all cruises the people are there if you look.

Hope you have a great time and meet lots of fun people.

David & Al,

My partner and I will be sailing on LotS on March 27, 2005 cruise. We would be interested in any information you care to share after your cruise.

This will be our sixth cruise and have found on all cruises the people are there if you look.

Hope you have a great time and meet lots of fun people.

Hi ED.

we will be happy to let you know about the cruise you may have to send an email to remind me this will be our third cruise and the only one we have taken alone all the others were with friends and family. Looking forward to going also will be Al Birthday while on the cruise. we also have found the same about F.O.D. on board if you look for them and have meet a number of very nice people some we have kept in touch with by emails.

David & Al

Thanks, I'll remind you via e-mail for an update on your cruise!

We will be celebrating our anniversary (after the fact) on the March cruise. Which stateroom have you booked? We are in a Junior Suite on the fantail and are really curious about the amount of room. Hopefully there will be a closet the size of a regullar stateroom. We will need the extra space for all the additional clothes we will need for fourteen days.

Which night is Al's birthday? I see one of you has a 12/31 birthday. We'll have a celebration toast in his honor, sadly at home and not at sea, but we will be thinking about you and will know you are having a great time.

Which other cruise lines or cruise ships have you been on? Any favorites? I see in the C&A newsletter that early next year RCI will link C&A with the Celebrity program. We have always wondered about Celebrity as an alternative for different ports.

Hi Ed

We always get and inside stateroom never stay in the room much so figure why spend extra since we do not use it except to sleep. We have only been on RCI as for celebrity I donot know that much about it but if RCI can help run it. Then it should be good. The link between RCI C&A and Celebrity should help a lot or at least give us more to chose from for trips. We hope to do a Europe cruise next year sometime Al's birthday is 12/25 not 12/31 and mine is 06/06 we will be celebrating our 17 anniversary on 8/16/05 I need to go on lunch at work and it almost over

talk later

David

We stayed in an inside stateroom on a previous cruise. 7 days was not bad since we spent very little time there. Since we are sailing for 14 days and going through the canal we opted to try a balcony this time. Hopefully we will not be 'spoiled' by the experience.

I have you and Al on my calendar for birthdays and anniversary so we will raise a toast to you!

We are celebrating our 20th anniversary December 6. That is the reason for the extended cruise this time. Not sure if I can concentrate on work for the next 160+ days!

Hi

Thanks and we will do the same for you guys on birthdays and anniversary I know about work and time I keep checking the days off one by one can not wait to be under way I think we will have a great time and will let you know about the trip I am so lucky to have found Al he is such a great guy and make my life so much better could have not done a lot of things without him. have you ever done a cruise in europe we are thinking about doing on maybe next year have gone to london,paris,amsterdam but did that by plane and hotel. well guess i should try and get some work done

We originally planned on spending a couple weeks in Italy this year and then decided on the cruise. We, too, have thought about a cruise to Europe to get a feel for where we would like to spend more time at a later date. Are you looking at RCI cruises in Europe?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi peter and Brian

my partner and myself will be on the dec 12 cruise and on the same level as you guys I know of one other couple on the cruise that i have been in contack with thru email write us at my email address if you like and maybe we all can meet in a lounge for a cocktail or if like we maybe able to get them to put us at the same table for dinner we are at the late setting

my email address is dwilmot1@bellsouth.net

David and AL

Ed I saw you reading our post this afternoon but missed getting your attention. Just wanted to you to know you are welcome to come over and post on our roll call and dont forget to sign up for the meet and mingle.

PSW,

Thank you for the wlecome and the invite! Greetings to all the Legend group!

I have been checking the posts for the Legend cruise for about a month. My partner and I have booked the 03/27/04 cruise and I check every so often to see what is going on. The expectation is driving us both quite crazy which makes work almost impossible.

On past cruises we have not joined the M&M groups. We may make an exception this trip.

Ed you are welcome, we dont have enough to get one together yet but if we do you should join us..I have not personally met any of the others on the thread, only Toto and SKB have met and are friends but I am looking forward to meeting them and you and your partner.. If we dont have the party hopefully we will run into one another on the ship. Most of us are on deck 8... I understand the reluctance to join a M&M group as you never know what to expect from the people you are about to meet. My DH hates them but I drag him along anyway. :D We only stay a short time (long enough to get the giveaways LOL) and then mosey on along...

Patti

Patti,

I guess that is our concern with the M&M. We don't want to confine ourselves to a group project and risk hurting anyones feelings if we have the urge to skip off to some other function. We do tend to be fairly private.

However, that said, we do hope to meet with everyone who has taken the time to add to the mounting excitement by contributing to the postings. As I am sure with everyone we have our traditions that we follow once we are on board. We always head to the pool bar for a cold one and to see if our favorite bartender, Bass, is on board.

We are on deck 8 also and if it will help get the M&M group recognized we will add our names to the M&M. I just won't tell Ron!

We look forward to meeting you on board or perhaps even around San Diego. We are California natives and will be running hard as soon as we get to San Diego.

Ed, how wonderful living in California. Those of us on the east Coast sometimes wish to be left coasters. It would be wonderful if you would sign up, you dont have to come if you dont want to. Many people sign up but dont ever come, too many other things going on. The last one we went to we met all and never saw them again lol... I wont tell Ron if you dont....Guess I will look around the pool for Ed and Ron. Can you wear T shirts that say ED and Ron on them so I can pick you out in a crowd.:p Seriously thou, I do hope to meet you and Ron if its just to say hi since I do like to put a face with a name, no one ever looks like I imagine. We are 8524...

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending how you look at it we no longer live in California. We get a bit of cruel enjoyment calling family and friends and telling them how low gasoline is here.

We still have a small ranch there and a few horses but we are living about 50 miles outside St. Louis, Missouri now. It's a long and boring story! We do go back several times a year to see family and check on things. Always have to check out our favorite sushi restaurant! The midwest is pretty disappointing for dining options.

We will look for you on board and I will go ahead and sign us up for the M&M just to add to your numbers if nothing else! I just won't tell Ron!

We are in 8580.

We drove thru ST Louis on our way to Branson this spring, one of the longest drives we ever took, next time I will fly.lol..it was me and wayne his brother and wife and our daughter. She lives in Florida and got to fly to St Louis where we picked her up. 4 hrs in the car vs 2 days, next time I will fly.

I absoultely loved Branson, the scenery was awesome and the shows were great, we saw about 13 shows and cant say we saw a bad one in the bunch. We are going to Saty at the hotel across the street from the pier and cant wait to get up and see the ship sitting there waiting for us.. it will be agony waiting to board for sure.

You say you have a favorite bartender on the ship so I assume you have sailed her before, this is first on the legend but a few of the others have sailed her before..

You say you have a ranch, I believe Toto and her husband are in the cattle business in Kansas..but if you have read the posts Im sure you already know that.

Well I have prattled on long enough so I will sign off for now

O BTW dont forget to wish me happy birthday tomorrow :eek: (55 shhhh)

We took my Mother, Uncle & Aunt through Branson last spring. The scenery was beautiful but we decided to skip past Branson and head to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Just another couple hours from Branson but well worth the trip. Tons of Victorian homes, hotels, etc.

This will be our first time on the Legend but we have met this bartender on two other ships. We have been on Sovereign, Grandeur, Radiance, Rhapsody, and the Song of Norway. Sometimes the staff move from ship to ship when their contracts expire, so we always look for friends from other ships.

Enjoy your birthday tomorrow! We will hoist a toast in your honor and even endure the hangover for you so you can enjoy all the more! And remember....birthdays are better than the alternative!!

Thats what I tell all my patients when they tell me not to get old.

We have been on the soverign and the majesty, ecstasy and pride(beautiful ship)(carnival), Costa Romantica (yuck), Galaxy (celebrity) unimpressed with this ship...service was good but esthetically(sp?) it left alot to be desired..and a really small ship called the dolphin which I believe is now defunct..

I much appreciate the toast and you suffering the hangover for me since I have to work and a hangover would never do. :eek:

Someday I need to do some more land based trips but for now I love to cruise.

ah an aft cabin. I saw that after I booked an almost switched to it, tarried too long in my decision making. and you snapped it up LOL.. Do you all usually do aft cabins? Is the balcony that much larger? Maybe I will sneak a peek, just leave your door open and Ill look in as I pass by:eek: I would like to one time but our next cruise (2006) is on the Island princess and it doesnt have aft cabins.

Patti,

Happy Birthday!!! Today is a slow schedule day for us and since we want to vote this afternoon we will likely get a head start on that hangover for you too.

This will be the first time we have booked an aft/fantail cabin. As it worked out when we called to get information from C&A they told us there was only one Junior Suite available. Since we are celebrating our anniversary (after the fact), taking two weeks, and going through the Canal, we decided to splurge. What the hey, you only live once. Of course I'm certain we will be spoiled rotten for anything else but a suite from now on. Do you usually book these staterooms? Is the difference in size really what it appears?

I know what you mean about the land trips. We do a couple each year with family and used to spend quite a bit of time in the south when my Grandparents were living. Now we are trying to do cruises at least once per year just for us. The C&A program really hooks you into the whole idea of doing more and more and more.

Enjoy your birthday tonight and awaken with a clear head tomorrow for I will be hungover for you!!!

This will be our first mini, the last few we have done have been balcony cabins and I loved that, before that we were outside and once inside. The price difference was so small between balcony and mini I thought we had to go for it. I booked us in a mini for the Hawaii trip also as they were the same price. I heard that the aft cabins balconies are much larger than the mini we are in. On some ships (not the legend though I am sorry to say) the aft corner that you have the baclony wraps around the side of the ship and is huge. So I guess we will find out together if they are alot bigger or not. Cant compare really since our only two balconies were on celebrity and carnival and I think those rooms are larger than RCCL in general. On the ships you have been on sizes range Oeanview from 154 to 170 sq foot, balcony rooms 193-204 room and balcony 38 to 41 sq ft. Mini on the legend is 236 room and 75 on balcony and I think the aft balconies are larger than 75 sq foot. Hope this helps in comparison and I know what you mean about the spoiled part. Not sure I can ever book a room without at least a balcony. Im sure I have missed you today so thanks for the birthday wish and the drinks in my honor. Talk to you tomorrow.

Archived