For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Murph!!!! Missed you on Girls Cruise 2009 a few weeks ago on the Freedom :o One of these days we shall sail together again :D

So many cruises to take, so little time! We leave in 12 days for the Liberty... taking 14 yo neice with us on her 1st cruise.... any suggestions on what to do with her? This is either going to be the best thing we ever did, or a disaster! LOL

FYI, I know you won't like these dates, but the next Umbrella Drink Tour III is tentatively on the AOS in Feb 2011.... 2-12 I think...

DeDe is leaving!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

She is headed home for 8 weeks and then to a new contract on the Brilliance......

So sad for those of us that know her and love her on the AOS :(:(

NOOOOOO!!! After reading all your glowing reviews about DeDe, I was so looking forward to meeting her in April. Any news on who is taking her place?

Well whoever it is has some mighty big shoes to fill! I hope they will be as good as DeDe. You'll have to let us all know after your AOS cruise next year.

DeDe has been a wonderful Concierge each time we have been on the AOS, and I will miss her. Not only is she great at what she does onboard - she is also a good friend :) I have her personal email address and will keep in touch with her for sure.

Yes, she is leaving big shoes to fill, but I am sure whoever takes over will be good (maybe not AS good! LOL) as DeDe.....

I hope someone who cruises before March will come on here and tell us about the new Concierge :rolleyes:

Another quick question from a first time cruiser.

I am sports nut so was hoping that i would be able to see some of the English Soccer season while on AOS.. Does anyone know if there will be somewhere showing the games?

Also will the NFL games be shown?

Second try......... Is there wifi (internet access) in the cabins????

Thanks

CC

I am trying so hard to remember, and as far as I recall - no there is not. There are wireless hot spots around the ship. If you buy a package for your computer, you will be given a map that shows where these hot spots are.

Thanks... I have a home based biz and gotta check emails now and again... oitherwise would gladly un plug:D

We're in a corner aft balc on deck 8 ... do u have any pics?

CC

You probably already know this, but you can purchase an internet package and get a better rate than the .55 a minute.....I think if you purchase 59 minutes you get a rate of .47 a minute (better than nothing!)

I have had an aft JS on the AOS, but not a corner aft -so I cannot help you there. I am sure there are lots of those pics on webshots, try doing a search. I have seen those balconies and they are huge!!! :)

DeDe is leaving!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

She is headed home for 8 weeks and then to a new contract on the Brilliance......

So sad for those of us that know her and love her on the AOS :(:(

WHEN is she leaving? :eek:

When you email her, can you ask if the cappuccino machine is still on the brink and if it will be fixed by the 10/4 sailing? :D

I've googled the cabin to death... there a few pics but not the greatest....I guess it will be a pleasant suprise.....!!! :D

Sometimes doing too much research is a detriment since it's nice to have some surprises.... we were on the Navigator so we know this class of ship but they all have sublte differences

Like I'll miss VIntages... being a wino and all

CC

I've googled the cabin to death... there a few pics but not the greatest....I guess it will be a pleasant suprise.....!!! :D

Sometimes doing too much research is a detriment since it's nice to have some surprises.... we were on the Navigator so we know this class of ship but they all have sublte differences

Like I'll miss VIntages... being a wino and all

CC

Yah, there is no vintages on the AOS - but you can get wine pretty much anywhere. The Sports Bar replaces Vintages on the AOS and they sell wine....

Are you searching webshots for cabin pics? Maybe if you use the key word "corner aft" you will come up with more pics?

WHEN is she leaving? :eek:

When you email her, can you ask if the cappuccino machine is still on the brink and if it will be fixed by the 10/4 sailing? :D

Just returned yesterday and DeDe is gone as of yesterday. And the cappuccino machine is indeed broken again. Worked for two days and then down for the rest of the week.

Second try......... Is there wifi (internet access) in the cabins????

Thanks

CC

No wifi for most cabins, you would have to book a cabin near an area that had wifi and hope you could get it, but I wouldn't bank on it. I took the laptop to the Library/Internet area and used it there. It was a lot faster to have your messages composed already and then log on and send them.

Just returned yesterday and DeDe is gone as of yesterday. And the cappuccino machine is indeed broken again. Worked for two days and then down for the rest of the week.

I thought so.....her email made it sound as if her departure was imminent :(:(

That capuccino machine is always temperamental - wish they would just replace it with a new one already :cool:

hi all,

quick query. I am booked in cabin 6264 on deck 6 and am wondering how loud it will be from the promenade or if anyone has any detail on what this area is like?

thanks... Sailing next monday... can't wait

bmac

hi all,

quick query. I am booked in cabin 6264 on deck 6 and am wondering how loud it will be from the promenade or if anyone has any detail on what this area is like?

thanks... Sailing next monday... can't wait

bmac

if you are sailing on the Adventurer of the Seas, you may want to get to San Juan before Monday as the ship sails on Sundays.:p

Great to hear! We will be on AOS 9/20 (btb) and are excited to be back on her! It is a great itinerary, and a lively bunch of fun people! We are celebrating our 1st Anniversary and can't wait! San Juan is a beautiful port by the way!

Archived