For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Youngestof9,

We took our kids ages 4 and 7 at the time on AOS Feb. 2009. They liked it so much we are going again Feb 28th 2010. We could not get our 7 year old daughter out of the Kids Club. We are doing the Barbados itinerary this time.:)

AWESOME! We're doing the Barbados itinerary as well. I look forward to hearing about your Feb cruise. We have so long to wait :( I think my 5 year old (who is almost 4 now) will LOVE the kids club - just worried about the 12 year old (who is almost 11 now). I hope there are enough kids for her to hang out with. Otherwise, she's "stuck" with Mom and Dad !!!

No, I do not know who the current Concierge is.....

I don't have any further details with regard to DeDe and whether or not she will return to the AOS......when I know anything more, I will be sure and post it :)

On the 10/4-10/11 cruise, Vanessa was the Concierge. She told us it was just her second week onboard and that she was brought up from the Guest Services area. However, she was leaving last week for her break, and would be back after her weeks off. Don't know who will fill in while she is gone. ;)

On the 10/4-10/11 cruise, Vanessa was the Concierge. She told us it was just her second week onboard and that she was brought up from the Guest Services area. However, she was leaving last week for her break, and would be back after her weeks off. Don't know who will fill in while she is gone. ;)

It will be interesting to see what happens next.......

Thanks for your update :)

We cruised on Adventure in the fall of 2007 & 2008 - we did both itineraries.............and we had a great time.

And yes - lot's of great Puerto Rican friends who had a good time like we did....no reason to be concerned unless you are worried about having too good of a time!

It's time for people to wake up and enjoy the diversity !

We love Puerto Rico having been there three times in the last 3 years - and we can't wait to go back!

Great news!!!!

I just spoke with DeDe and she will be back on the Adventure as of November 8th! :):D:)

Sounds like great news, although I have never met DeDe. :rolleyes: We will have a GS on our Nov. 29th sailing, so I assume we will meet her. :) Anything in particular we should know? Or say hi for you and say you would have liked to be there? :p

Gerry

Sounds like great news, although I have never met DeDe. :rolleyes: We will have a GS on our Nov. 29th sailing, so I assume we will meet her. :) Anything in particular we should know? Or say hi for you and say you would have liked to be there? :p

Gerry

Gerry - DeDe is a fabulous Concierge who always is willing to help and does it with a real smile on her pretty face :)

You can tell her Robyn says hi, and that I will see her when we sail for 14 nights in March!!!!!

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!!!

Those of you who have gone to PR pre and/or post cruise, which would be better and why? I'm not sure what we are going to do and I don't have any plans as of yet. Any suggestions on what not to miss would be appreciated too.:D I am so excited to finally go on this cruise which we have planned two other times but had to cancel.:D

Gerry - DeDe is a fabulous Concierge who always is willing to help and does it with a real smile on her pretty face :)

You can tell her Robyn says hi, and that I will see her when we sail for 14 nights in March!!!!!

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!!!

I'll certainly point out to her how well you spoke of her and that you will see her in March. ;)

Gerry

Those of you who have gone to PR pre and/or post cruise, which would be better and why? I'm not sure what we are going to do and I don't have any plans as of yet. Any suggestions on what not to miss would be appreciated too.:D I am so excited to finally go on this cruise which we have planned two other times but had to cancel.:D

You may find that the following link will provide you with a lot of information on Puerto Rico. I visit this site every day in preparation for our visit at the end of this month. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

Gerry

Robyn

Any word yet on when DeDe will be back on AOS? Just curious - plus I wanted to get this thread back up near the front!

OOPS - I guess I should have read the prior posts! I sure hope Dede will still be on the AOS when we board in April.

Robyn

Any word yet on when DeDe will be back on AOS? Just curious - plus I wanted to get this thread back up near the front!

OOPS - I guess I should have read the prior posts! I sure hope Dede will still be on the AOS when we board in April.

Glad you brought the thread back to the front where it belongs ;)

There are a lot of us AOS lovers out there aren't there?

Yes - DeDe is back onboard as of yesterday :D

Glad you brought the thread back to the front where it belongs ;)

There are a lot of us AOS lovers out there aren't there?

Yes - DeDe is back onboard as of yesterday :D

I've never been on AOS, but I'm so looking forward to my first trip on her! Since we are in an OS, I'll get to meet DeDe too!! Now if we could get thru the holidays then time will go a little quicker! I do love this thread though because it provides so much information about AOS.

AWESOME! We're doing the Barbados itinerary as well. I look forward to hearing about your Feb cruise. We have so long to wait :( I think my 5 year old (who is almost 4 now) will LOVE the kids club - just worried about the 12 year old (who is almost 11 now). I hope there are enough kids for her to hang out with. Otherwise, she's "stuck" with Mom and Dad !!!

Last Thanksgiving I took my whole famiy on a cruise on AOS. One of the younger kids, 7 yrs loved the kids club. Her brother, who was 11, refused to go. Finally, his father insisted he try it once and if he didn't like it, he didn't have to go again. After that we never saw him again. He LOVED the wii (is that how you say it?), he loved everything about it and made tons of friends. So don't worry, just make him go once.

Last Thanksgiving I took my whole famiy on a cruise on AOS. One of the younger kids, 7 yrs loved the kids club. Her brother, who was 11, refused to go. Finally, his father insisted he try it once and if he didn't like it, he didn't have to go again. After that we never saw him again. He LOVED the wii (is that how you say it?), he loved everything about it and made tons of friends. So don't worry, just make him go once.

What about teenagers? Were there very many on your cruise? My oldest turned 14 last month. He loves playing on the Wii and Playstation and stuff like that. The problem with that is may tend to hog it 'cause once he gets playing, it's hard to get him off. He gets so into it, there could be a fire in the other room and he'd ignore it! Will the AO staff enforce a limited playtime? I hope so 'cause that will force my son to mingle with the other teenagers.

I'm not worried about my youngest (he'll be 10 a week from today) -he makes friends with everyone!! :)

I know AOS is due for drydock in 2013. When was the last?

I believe it was in April of this year?

I saw it on the drydock schedule a while back, and I remember that it was scheduled for shortly after I got off in March 2009.

Yes, I believe it was April of this year. We cruised in October and she looked as good as any of the other ships we've been on. The only place I saw missing paint was the back of the superstructure (we were in AFT 1394) in a few areas. Carpet, all interiors, etc. - excellent shape!

Yes, I believe it was April of this year. We cruised in October and she looked as good as any of the other ships we've been on. The only place I saw missing paint was the back of the superstructure (we were in AFT 1394) in a few areas. Carpet, all interiors, etc. - excellent shape!

Mason - this may sound like an odd question....but did you notice any weird smells at the aft of the ship? I had cabin 1694 a few years ago and ended up changing cabins for the 2nd week of our B2B because there was a foul smell in the cabin that could not be gotten rid of....it's a bit of a silly question because it was a few years ago and I am sure the problem has long been fixed :rolleyes::)

Did the AOS get the flat screen TV's after the dry dock?

• 2 weeks later...

We fell off the board again!:(

I do have a question though. On every cruise I've been on (all 3 of them) when we board, the outdoor pools have all been covered over. Are the pools open on the day of embarkation? I'm thinking that my kids would love to get in the pool to waste some time before our cabin opens - or even afterwards before dinner.

Thanks for the help.

We fell off the board again!:(

I do have a question though. On every cruise I've been on (all 3 of them) when we board, the outdoor pools have all been covered over. Are the pools open on the day of embarkation? I'm thinking that my kids would love to get in the pool to waste some time before our cabin opens - or even afterwards before dinner.

Thanks for the help.

The last time we were on the AOS, the pools were open when we boarded.

The last time we were on the AOS, the pools were open when we boarded.

Thanks Nan! Now at least I don't have to worry about the kids whining about not having anything to do! I know we'll have to check out the AO, but that shouldn't take too long. With this being the first cruise for the kids, I'm just trying to line up things to do before I hear the dreaded "there's nothing to do"! :) Although if I hear them say that during the cruise, they are liable to wind up overboard!:D;)

Archived