For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

We are so ready!!! 24 hours from now we will be sitting in the departure lounge at the airport waiting to board our flight for San Juan!!!!

I plan to take lots of pics :) from around the ship and on the islands!

I know you'll have a FANTASTIC time, Robyn, but just wanted to say...

HAVE A FANTASTIC CRUISE!!!!! ;):D

Can't wait to hear all about it when you return. We'll try to keep the thread moving along while you're gone :)

Theresa

Glad I came across this post! We are leaving on AOS on 2/27! Our 3rd cruise, 1sr on AOS and the Southern Caribbean. Can't wait!!

welcome!!

We will be on that cruise on the 27th also. It should be fun. We have 18 of us coming from cold & snowy western Massachusetts.

16 more days!!!

Robyn,

I hate to ask a serious question for a change, but here goes. Our flight home after the cruise leaves around 4:00, which leaves a ton of time to kill. We had planned on leaving our bags at Barrachina and seeing OSJ for a few hours, but now realize they don't open until 11:00 on Sundays. Which means we'd have to drag our bags around for a few hours before they open. Any recommendations on an alternate plan?

I wouldn't get to the airport any later than 1:00pm that place was a zoo:eek:.

Robyn,

I hate to ask a serious question for a change, but here goes. Our flight home after the cruise leaves around 4:00, which leaves a ton of time to kill. We had planned on leaving our bags at Barrachina and seeing OSJ for a few hours, but now realize they don't open until 11:00 on Sundays. Which means we'd have to drag our bags around for a few hours before they open. Any recommendations on an alternate plan?

We got off at 9 or 9:30, went straight to Barrachinas and were able to drop bags. The bar/restaurant doesn't serve yet, but the gentleman that handles the bag drop is quite ready. Your other issue is that a lot of the stores do not open till 11, but I believe the forts are open by 9 and there is a lot to see without shopping.

Also, we were on a 3:55 PM flight, and did not get in cab for airport till about 1:30, and still had time to kill at the airport. There were actually very few lines at 2:00 or so. But in the interest of leaving time for something to go wrong, I wouldn't wait a lot longer than that...

bobj

So sad just returned from our 1-30 AOS cruise. I will have to get busy and plan another one. The Adventure was great and I have not one complaint. We did not encounter any of the negativity that has been posted on CC about the ship. If anyone has any questions I'll try to answer. The ports we had were Caracau, Aruba, Dominica & St. Thomas. We also stayed at the Marriott Stellaris and used the bus and free trolley.

A special thanks to everyone who provided all the valuable tips I got here.

I have all the Compasses if anyone is interested.

We are going on that same itin March 13! Would love to get a copy of the compasses!

What excursions or advice do you have?

Awni

oh ok so its like the carnival capers or whatever is called now. So does that mean that the activities don't change:eek: ok so i guess i want them too when you come back Robyn...i'm doing the aruba/curacao route...Enjoy and remember lots of people waiting to hear if you like the AOS:rolleyes::D

We are planning to book a cruise on the Adventure during our next cruise. We usually book a balcony or JS. Can anyone tell me if there are any "special" balcony cabins you recommend? Are there any with extra large balconies? We love aft cabins as well. I admit that I have not perused the 101 pages here!

Thanks for any suggestions!

We are planning to book a cruise on the Adventure during our next cruise. We usually book a balcony or JS. Can anyone tell me if there are any "special" balcony cabins you recommend? Are there any with extra large balconies? We love aft cabins as well. I admit that I have not perused the 101 pages here!

Thanks for any suggestions!

If you like AFT...check out 1388 or 1688....huge balcony....almost size of JS for price of D1.

Hi everyone;

I wonder if anyone can help?

We are looking at AOS for Jan 2012 and were leaning toward the Promenade cabin on deck 8. we are 3 so we will book 2 connecting cabins. One for us and one for DD12.

We are planning to book toward the front of the Promenade. How about cabin 8259 or 8253. Has anyone been in those cabin?

I was wondering if you can hear a lot of noise . I know that when there is a parade, there will be some noise but that is OK with me, we will probably be up to watch the parade.

The other question is how about the noise level during the 70's party?

Is there one on the AOS? If there is one, does it last all night? When does it start and hopefully, when does it stop?

Please, any advice is greatly appreciated since the other choice of cabin is 2 OV on deck 3 and I am not too fond of those.

PS: I might as well ask if anyone has been in a OV cabin on AOS on deck 3? If yes, what do you think and any cabin nuber suggestion.

We have alsways booked a balcony but since we really want 2 cabins this time, it is a little pricey to book 2 baclony for the 3 of us.

Thanks

I was wondering if you can hear a lot of noise . I know that when there is a parade, there will be some noise but that is OK with me, we will probably be up to watch the parade.

The other question is how about the noise level during the 70's party?

Is there one on the AOS? If there is one, does it last all night? When does it start and hopefully, when does it stop?

Thanks

Just off AOS on 2-6. The 70's party was at 10:30 and lasted about 45 minutes. After the 9pm show in the theater we went right to the Duck & Dog and got front row seats. We are seniors and it was a blast. I remember one other parade which was on the last night it was also at 10:30 and lasted only about 15 minutes. Other than the Captains reception thats all that was on the Royal Promenade and for the most part was quite quiet. There was also some music playing in the Duck & Dog and some classical musicians right on the promenade.

Thanks, Lorey.

It puts my mind at ease to know that the 70's party will not go all night.

By the way, what is the Duck &Dog? Is it the pub?

Shaould I avoid booking room above it?

Yes the Duck & Dog is the pub. It may be a good idea to avoid a room right above it. I don't remember how late he played but if there is a crowd they may get loud, singing & clapping.

Do I need to be concerned about the fact that the pre-booking times for dinner are pretty well booked up? I wasn't planning on reserving my dining times in advance. I just booked the first night because I wanted to make sure I was able to be on deck for sailaway at 8:30. When I was doing that, I noticed that all the times from about 6:30 to 8:30 are booked and are unavailable for pre-booking. Does this mean I won't be able to walk up during these times either. I was sort of hoping / assuming that my time dining meant I could eat when I wanted (within reason of course). Should I be concerned or do they just limit the number of pre-bookings for a given time slot.

My question is do you know what is the food theme in the MDR each night on this cruise? I am trying to decide which night to book Portofino's! Do the Compasses show what the menu theme is? If so, could you email them to me as well? Thanks! skydawgz13@yahoo.com

The Compasses do not show the menu theme. Sorry.

Archived