For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

In a Grand Suite during Thanksgiving. No flat screen TV in our room.

Well that's a little disappointing. I'm sure if the GS doesn't have a flat screen the an OS probably won't either. Oh well - all the more reason for us to be out doing things all the time!:)

My H and I and a group of friends (total 12) will be sailing the AOS in December 2010 from San Juan, and we can't wait. I have never sailed her before, but one thing I can say...I have NEVER been unhappy with RCCL or their ships. I'm sure that there may be some things that people don't like but overall, its a fantastic vacation....

Thanks CK

I just paid the remaining balance on our AOS adventure! I'm now more excited than I was before! Plus on Monday, DH is going to email RCCL for my shareholder OBC! After Jan. 3rd, I'll print out our Set Sail Passes and we are good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO:D:D:D

Got to work on the excursion part and then I'll be able to really look forward to getting onboard to a glass of champagne!!:D

Well that's a little disappointing. I'm sure if the GS doesn't have a flat screen the an OS probably won't either. Oh well - all the more reason for us to be out doing things all the time!:)

We were in a Balcony back in Sept and no Flat screens :(

however, the Royal suit does have 2 flat screens. I only know this because one of our CC members was upgraded and gave us all a tour!!

One day, maybe, I will be able to afford that luxury but for now I will stick to the Balconies!

Happy Cruising!!! :)

We are going to sail on the T/A in November 2010 and are wondering if booking a Grand Suite is worth it and if they are all the same? Should we just pick one or does one stand out from the others? It was also my understanding that Katherine the concierge from the Brillance was going to the AOS any word on that? Trying to find one way air to Barcelona and one way air from San Juan, any tips? Thank you.

We booked OS on AOS sailing on feb 28 and we can confirm that all the OS have a 42" flat screen TV.

The Plasma TV its on the middle from the living room and the bedroom and can be rotated.

We booked OS on AOS sailing on feb 28 and we can confirm that all the OS have a 42" flat screen TV.

The Plasma TV its on the middle from the living room and the bedroom and can be rotated.

Thanks for that info! I truly hope to not be watching it at all during the week! The kids will like it though if they choose to watch something while I'm getting ready for dinner.

We are going to sail on the T/A in November 2010 and are wondering if booking a Grand Suite is worth it and if they are all the same? Should we just pick one or does one stand out from the others? It was also my understanding that Katherine the concierge from the Brillance was going to the AOS any word on that? Trying to find one way air to Barcelona and one way air from San Juan, any tips? Thank you.

As we walked up and down the hallway and looked into rooms with open doors, the GS's appeared to be the same. We were in 1288 and heard no noise from the area above us. It was about equal distance to either set of elevators. The refrigerator was useless. I like to drink my soda from the bottle or can and not over ice. Our room steward brought me a small refrigerator and it wasn't any better. Really, that was our only negative about the room. Absolutely, loved everything else.

My H and I and a group of friends (total 12) will be sailing the AOS in December 2010 from San Juan, and we can't wait. I have never sailed her before, but one thing I can say...I have NEVER been unhappy with RCCL or their ships. I'm sure that there may be some things that people don't like but overall, its a fantastic vacation....

Thanks CK

You will LOVE it!

Congrats on booking an amazing ship with a fabulous itinerary :D

As we walked up and down the hallway and looked into rooms with open doors, the GS's appeared to be the same. We were in 1288 and heard no noise from the area above us. It was about equal distance to either set of elevators. ...

We were also in 1288 on the Nov. 29th sailing. Great room. :) When we were sitting on the balcony, we could hear the music and announcements from the pool area. Not much of a problem, however.

Robyn - this thread inspired my husband and I to book the AOS ourselves. We just got off her this past Sunday and all I can say is WOW!

Everything you have been saying about the AOS is so true.

Thank you so much for starting this thread. Without it, we may have never tried the AOS.

I agree with you Autumn3. We were able to find a lot of information on this thread before cruising on AOS, thanks to Robyn.

Thanks Autumn! I am so thrilled that you had an amazing cruise on my favorite ship :D:D

I started this thread a few years ago to address the concerns of so many - yet everyone who comes back to share their experiences are always sharing positive one's!:)

Robyn, I did say hi to DeDe for you, and she is looking forward to seeing you in March. ;)

Gerry

We were also in 1288 on the Nov. 29th sailing. Great room. :) When we were sitting on the balcony, we could hear the music and announcements from the pool area. Not much of a problem, however.

I agree with you Autumn3. We were able to find a lot of information on this thread before cruising on AOS, thanks to Robyn.

Robyn, I did say hi to DeDe for you, and she is looking forward to seeing you in March. ;)

Gerry

Gerry - I emailed DeDe the other day and got her response today, she said someone onboard said hello from me to her, and that you thought I was a guy? Was that you, or someone else?

I'm female by the way :D

I'm so glad this thread lives on as long as it has - so many folks who were worried about sailing the AOS have had their fears alleviated! :)

Gerry - I emailed DeDe the other day and got her response today, she said someone onboard said hello from me to her, and that you thought I was a guy? Was that you, or someone else?

I'm female by the way :D

I'm so glad this thread lives on as long as it has - so many folks who were worried about sailing the AOS have had their fears alleviated! :)

Yes it was me Robyn. :o I should have known that Robyn spelled with a "y" is a female and Robin is a male. Well DeDe laughed when I said "he" asked me to say hi to you. We enjoyed chatting with DeDe! :)

Gerry

I'm almost under 100 days!!! WOOHOO! :D

Robyn - will Dede still be onboard in April? I thought I read somewhere on the boards that they were moving concierges around again. You make her sound so great I really want to meet her!

I am not 100% sure, but I don't think she will be :(

I will find out and let you know......................

I am soooo very excited to board AOS, in Jan. Thanks to all who have given wonderful reviews. It helps to know others have enjoyed their time. I am curious to know if there are people who I might know, also taking this cruise. Is there any way to learn that?

Thanks for your help!

I am soooo very excited to board AOS, in Jan. Thanks to all who have given wonderful reviews. It helps to know others have enjoyed their time. I am curious to know if there are people who I might know, also taking this cruise. Is there any way to learn that?

Thanks for your help!

What is the date of your cruise?

Seems like a no-brainer to stick with our GS however we just saw the price drop on the JS and we could save over $2000...what do you think??? We had a corner aft last year on Freedom and a GS on Brilliance....hard to decide, especially with the difference in perks...but $2000 is a lot of money.

Help???

Seems like a no-brainer to stick with our GS however we just saw the price drop on the JS and we could save over $2000...what do you think??? We had a corner aft last year on Freedom and a GS on Brilliance....hard to decide, especially with the difference in perks...but $2000 is a lot of money.

Help???

That's a tough one. Which cabin number is it specifically?

Wow, I get the idea of a splurge, however, $2000 is huge. AOS is so beautiful, a JS in my mind would be plenty great, including the extra credit. I know you won't have concierge, but is that service worth 2 grand? To some yes, others no. I would feel better splurging on other areas of the cruise (spa, drinks, excursions, next cruise, etc) knowing I saved 2 G's. Just my opinion. Good luck with that one!

We'll be on the AOS in Feb, can anyone tell me about the luggage valet service in Puerto Rico?

Thanks,

Karen

Here is a copy of the form they hand out on board for luggage valet. (courtesy of another CC poster) Hope this helps, happy to try to answer any questions you may still have.

bobj

001.jpg

002.jpg

That's a tough one. Which cabin number is it specifically?

Toonjie - I was #1324 and I have officially switched to #7692 - I saved $2243.10...I cant believe the difference - I have never had a bad time on a ship so I expect that I may miss the concierge service but I sure can buy a bunch of drinks for 2 grand!!

Toonjie - I was #1324 and I have officially switched to #7692 - I saved $2243.10...I cant believe the difference - I have never had a bad time on a ship so I expect that I may miss the concierge service but I sure can buy a bunch of drinks for 2 grand!!

For 2K I'd change to a JS from a GS if it were just the hubby and me. We're in an OS this cruise because we have our boys with us and it is their first cruise. I'm still the hovering mother hen even though they are 14 & 10 and want to keep an eye on them! Have a drink for me on the $2K!:)

Here is a copy of the form they hand out on board for luggage valet. (courtesy of another CC poster) Hope this helps, happy to try to answer any questions you may still have.

bobj

001.jpg

002.jpg

Thanks johnbob, very helpful. But, now another, well 2, questions .......If your flying, say, AA, the info states, bag1...$20, bag2...$30. So would that mean $50 total for 2 bags, or is it $20 for 1 bag and $30 for 2?

And, since you do have to get your bags at the pier after disembarking, is it still worth it to do the valet check in?

Thanks,

Karen

Thanks johnbob, very helpful. But, now another, well 2, questions .......If your flying, say, AA, the info states, bag1...$20, bag2...$30. So would that mean $50 total for 2 bags, or is it $20 for 1 bag and $30 for 2?

And, since you do have to get your bags at the pier after disembarking, is it still worth it to do the valet check in?

Sadly, they are indeed penalizing you for daring to check a second bag. So $50 for two bags. Note if one bag is for you and one for your traveling companion, it is only 20 + 20, you only get penalized if there are 2 bags per person. Also note that these are the airline baggage charges, whether you do on board or at airport, you will be charged these. There is also a $20 per person fee for getting to do this onboard. So for two people with two bags each on American, would be 20+20+30=$70 for each person, so $140 total. But would still be $100 at the airport, so you are only paying $40 for the two of you to check in through the on board program.

While you do get off ship, find your bag and carry it 100 yards through customs and then check it in with the airline reps, it is a huge hassle savings to not have to lug bags to airport, waiting to check them etc. Just leave with airline reps at pier, go relax in San Juan if you have time, and then leisurely trip to airport and right into security line (because you are not just checking bags, you are checking in and getting boarding passes) So I am a big fan of this.

bobj

Archived