Cab or Private Car to Rum Point?

Luckyroot

It is a 45 minute trip to Rum Point, so I would guess the taxi fare would be substantial. We've rented a car numerous times in GC and have one booked in February through Avis. (We drove to Rum Point on our last trip) Avis is at the airport, but they send a rep. to pick you up at the Blue Iguana gift shop downtown.

Avis will give you a very detailed map. We stopped for photo opps and pulled off at various beach area. We found Rum Point with no problem. They do drive on the "wrong" side, but once you're away from the city, it really isn't hard to get used to.

Avis has an all-inclusive rate for cruise ship passengers that includes the required driving permit and insurance. I've shopped the other rental companies and they always offer the best rate.

Cab fare would run a minimum of US$75 each way... probably more. There are no cabs waiting at Rum Point to pick you up, so you need to make arrangements for your return ride.

We drive on the left side of the road. If you intend to drive on the "wrong side" while here, kindly warn the rest of us. :p

There was a guided jeep tour of the island operating that included a stop at Rum Point. I haven't seen them in a while, but my schedule changed and I'm not at the right place at the right time. They may still be running.

Any rental car company can give you a map and directions. Once you pass the Lighthouse Restaurant in Breakers, take a left turn in one mile. It is a major intersection, and is marked with signs.

Archived