Mojitos on Carnival Victory?

laviolil

Has anyone successfully had a real Mojito (mint/lime not from a mix bottle) on the Carnival Victory? A lot of bartenders don't even know what it is.

I'm a cruise newbie, and am looking forward to a mojito as we sail away from Miami. I'd rather be disappointed now than later :p

Much appreciated!

I don't know about the Victory, but I was recently on the Glory and had a very good mojito. The bartender had set up at a small bar on the promenade deck, and was making mojitos only. He used real limes and real mint leaves, and properly bruised them with a glass dowel. If they don't have a similar bar on the Vic., just ask the bartender if they make them the "real way" or not.

maybe I've only had the premix type, but that is the nastiest drink. Taste like black licorise to me. yuck:p :eek:

A mixed drink with a black licorice taste would have to either have Jagermeister or Absinthe in it. Both have a strong licorice taste. Absinthe is still hard to get in the US, so it was probably a Jagermeister based drink.

I think the Mojito kinda tastes like a minty sprite, to give it a commonly known description.

Archived