Margaritaville Menu/Cost & others ?'s

singjenn

Can anyone help with the Menu/cost for Ocho Rios? I can only find meuns for other places....weren't sure if they were the same.

How crowded will it be there in February?

Do they have lockers there? Is it safe to leave my $500 camera in my bag while my husband and I go swim? (I am not leaving it on the ship....if I was gonna do that I might has well left it at home :) )

Can I use my own snorkeling gear there?

Are there restrooms close to the beach?

Any other info will be greatly appreciated!

HAPPY CRUSING!!!

1. There were lockers there in 2005...I don't remember the cost to use them

2.Security patrols the same beach to keep away pesty vendors. We never had a problem leaving our valuables on the beach. I guess we just got lucky.

3.Crowds-have you gone to cruisecal.com to see how many ships will be in port? Thbis will give you a little indication as to how crowded it will be. It is high season for Jamaica January through mid-April...busy busy busy:D At m'ville the busier the place the funner it will be.

4.Snorkel-Yes you can take your own. You will also see your ship from the beach area. Don't forget to use the slide at the bar. The pool is really fun.

We will be in Jamaica this April at the M'ville in Mobay....then April 2009 we get to enjoy the M'ville in Ocho Rios.

The menu's are pretty much the same. The cheeseburgers in paradise and jerk chicken are the best. The portions of teh drinks are larger than average.

I don't remember how far away the bathrooms are...If I remember correclty there were two sets. One wasn't far from the water at all and the other is up in the bar area.

1. There were lockers there in 2005...I don't remember the cost to use them

2.Security patrols the same beach to keep away pesty vendors. We never had a problem leaving our valuables on the beach. I guess we just got lucky.

3.Crowds-have you gone to cruisecal.com to see how many ships will be in port? Thbis will give you a little indication as to how crowded it will be. It is high season for Jamaica January through mid-April...busy busy busy:D At m'ville the busier the place the funner it will be.

4.Snorkel-Yes you can take your own. You will also see your ship from the beach area. Don't forget to use the slide at the bar. The pool is really fun.

We will be in Jamaica this April at the M'ville in Mobay....then April 2009 we get to enjoy the M'ville in Ocho Rios.

The menu's are pretty much the same. The cheeseburgers in paradise and jerk chicken are the best. The portions of teh drinks are larger than average.

I don't remember how far away the bathrooms are...If I remember correclty there were two sets. One wasn't far from the water at all and the other is up in the bar area.

Hey! Thanks for your info. I am also plannig on spending a little time at Turtle Beach, but we are going to have lunch ans spend the afternoon (until we have to go back to the ship) at Margaritaville.

I am not going for the "Margaritville experience." I decided to go there because it's close to the ship, there is food, and it's at the beach.

I'm not really interested in the pool. Is the slide on the beach a water slide?

The slide actually starts at the top floor of the bar and goes through the bar to the pool at the bottom.

The margaritas are potent and good. The cheeseburgers are good. I actually ordered a jerk chicken sandwich and it wasn't very good...not at all spicy and topped with a big American cheese slice, so I'm assuming it wasn't real authentic, which was kind of bummer. Our total for a beer a "Big Rita" (which, to my surprise, came in a YARD, LOL), an appetizer, a burger and the chicken sandwich was like $40.

The bar itself was very nice, service was good and very clean and I wish we could have spent more time there. Beware of the dude with the bottles who pours in your mouth. AND don't leave any change on the bar (which we just *do* here at home, if you're sitting at a bar and drinking, and then you pay for your drinks out of the money in front of you), a friend of mine did that, turned around and the bartenders took it to be their tip. It was like $10. :cool:

Ask Mach how far it is by foot, as I think he walked it the last time he was there.:)

I have walked it in the past but not the last time I was there. I snagged a cab back to the ship. The ride is about six or eight minutes only because of the traffic and there's PLENTY of traffic!

The ride should cost about four bucks/pp. Make sure you negotiate the price before you get in the cab and ONLY take a cab with red JUTA plates!

You'll love Margaritaville in MoBay. A few years back it was voted one of the top five party bars in the world.

I have walked it in the past but not the last time I was there. I snagged a cab back to the ship. The ride is about six or eight minutes only because of the traffic and there's PLENTY of traffic!

The ride should cost about four bucks/pp. Make sure you negotiate the price before you get in the cab and ONLY take a cab with red JUTA plates!

You'll love Margaritaville in MoBay. A few years back it was voted one of the top five party bars in the world.

I couldn't remember if it was the "walk" you talked about in your last review. :D I couldn't stop laughing when I read it.

I couldn't remember if it was the "walk" you talked about in your last review. I couldn't stop laughing when I read it.

That walk was my dust covered, over heated, endless walk in Cozumel from the Hard Rock to Margriatville... I was under the impression that Cozumel was an island... After that walk I'm convinced that it's a Continent the size of Australia !!!!

That walk was my dust covered, over heated, endless walk in Cozumel from the Hard Rock to Margriatville... I was under the impression that Cozumel was an island... After that walk I'm convinced that it's a Continent the size of Australia !!!!

:D :D :D :D Too funny!

Archived