Aurora Australis

Skyring

Wife and I are cruising for the first time on Aurora, second half of the world cruise, beginning in Hong Kong. That's 30 nights.

The company website says we are automatically enrolled in the Portunus Club on completion of he cruise. Do we get credit for the cruise just completed, or do those days get lost and we start with a zero balance?

I'm asuming we'll cruise again - that seems to be a given here!

With 'normal' cruises you get your account activated at the end of your first cruise and are credited with the relevent number of points for the number of nights spent onboard (10 points per night) and you then receive benefits on subsequent cruises.

With a world cruise it may depend on how many sectors you are completing.

I think if you are doing more than one sector of a world cruise then you have to settle your cabin account at the end of each sector and you may get the 'Ruby' tier benefits (including 5% discount on your cabin account) after your first sector.

I do not know this for certain but it is worth checking it out.

Feebee_71 :)

Thsnks, feebee and clydecruiser!

My mind is set at rest.

We've gone for a modest start to our cruising career, with a window outside, low in front. There's some say an inside is all you want, because you'll only be there for sleeping, there's some as swear by balconies.

There's some say an inside is all you want, because you'll only be there for sleeping, there's some as swear by balconies.

Skyring,

I go for whatever cabin I can afford!!

I am booked into inside, outside obstructed view, outside and balcony cabins for cruises this year and it is all down to what I can afford combined with where I am going and how much the single suppliment is!!

Enjoy your cruise and let us know about it once you get back.

Feebee_71 :)

Archived