too late for white?

ultrablue

I wear white what ever the date is on the calendar if I am going to a tropical place. As a matter of fact if you look up sites that provide packing tips, they almost always say white slacks are a must. If you are not confident about your choice then maybe you better not pack white. You must be comfortable with your choices, it helps you have a good time.:p

Absolutely - its okay any time of the year in tropical climates (IMO). I would think the same for white shoes as well, but please not with dark pants or capris (eek...just a fashion pet peeve of mine).

Have fun and wear that white! :)

No matter how many times I hear that that old fashion rule has been tossed out the window, I hardly ever wear white (shoes or pants) after Labor Day at home.

When crusing in the fall, I will take white with me (and plan to take white shoes in December). If for no other reason than they don't have Labor Day, so I don't have to worry about it.

I had the same concern, but the fashion divas on this board assured me that I would not be the only one wearing white and sandals in the tropics after Labor Day. THEY WERE RIGHT!!

But my next cruise is in Europe, not the tropics. I'm not planning to take white clothes (but I am bringing a pair of white flip flops to wear aboard with capris on sea days). This is my concession to keep my poor mother from spinning in her grave. I think she moved the headstone 2" when I went to the Caribbean LOL.

[quote name='ultrablue']:confused: planning on bringing white slacks & capri's on Diamond cruise of Oct 16th. Wondered if it was too late in season for this? Understand it will be hot in Mexico.[/QUOTE]
Not in the caribbean. In the caribbean it is often 90 degrees in December. (Except for the bahamas maybe) This white rule is more about weather then seasons. I live in the south close to Atlanta, Ga. We never go by Labor Day as it is often still like 75 even in November. Further north it is already getting cooler by late August. Hense the Labor Day rule.

White reflects heat where as darker clothing does the opposite. No one wants to roast in 90 degree weather. Wear your white

I believe the white rule is for areas that have true seasons unlike Florida with summer/summer/winter/summer ;)

Having moved to Florida from NY where the "no white after labor day" is a strict rule, it was an adjustment and felt the first time I wore white in October everyone was checking the calender :rolleyes: ...but have no fear in hot climates nobody pays any attention to white attire in the winter.

In the caribbean and the tropics, white is 365/24/7! ;) [quote name='chicaletta']I believe the white rule is for areas that have true seasons unlike Florida with summer/summer/winter/summer ;)

Having moved to Florida from NY where the "no white after labor day" is a strict rule, it was an adjustment and felt the first time I wore white in October everyone was checking the calender :rolleyes: ...but have no fear in hot climates nobody pays any attention to white attire in the winter.[/QUOTE]

Check out Vouge, Elle, Bazar, W, Marie Claire, Town and Country, Allure, any of the fashion magazines and you will see white all over the place for winter. In the tropics, white cotton or linen is fine. In cooler climates, I stick to wool or other winter type fabrics when wearing white. There are a zillion shades of white. Don't be afraid to wear one of them year round! :)

Jen

• 3 months later...

Archived