Luggage Transfers

Eve

Does anyone know if RCCL works in partnership with American Airlines to provide direct transfer of luggage from the ship to the plane on debarkation day? I've heard the service is available for an additional fee.

Can anyone provide any insight into this?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if RCCL works in partnership with American Airlines to provide direct transfer of luggage from the ship to the plane on debarkation day? I've heard the service is available for an additional fee.

Can anyone provide any insight into this?

Thanks.

You do not say what port you are sailing from. that makes a difference in the way it is done.

This is how it was done in San Juan in November.

This is how it just worked for us in San Juan last month.

You can always do this option. It is great and you will also be called off very early. Just after the first off and before all the others. We had the same time flight as you.

Express Luggage Valet Service is done on RCCL like this in San Juan.

(You still have to claim your luggage when you get off the ship.)

This is how it was just done with us. We have used it twice and both times loved it. Once with Delta from Miami. Once with American from San Juan, Puerto Rico. ( Nov. 5 - 16, 2007)

There are 4 airlines that I know of that do this service. American, Delta, Continental and United.

For $20 a person, 2 pieces of luggage each, you can sign up for it during your time on board.

They have the forms at the pursers desk if you do not receive one in your room with your Cruise Compass.

On the form, you give them your name, how many are traveling with you, your flight numbers, times, how many pieces of luggage you will be checking.

On the last night of the cruise, your cabin attendant will deliver the airline packet to your room.

There will be the colored tags that RCCL gives you.

The boarding passes for everyone (clear on through to your final destination)

The airline luggage tags.

Your luggage claim receipts to show at your final destination if needed.

The airline Express tags already had our names, flight numbers and airport codes printed on them. (Which I checked with my boarding passes and luggage tag receipts that were also in the packet. They look like another boarding pass size card with small writing)

I just had to fill in my name and address on the ship color code tags.

I placed the airline Express tags and the ships color code tags, on my own luggage in the cabin before putting them out in the hallway.

Please make sure they have your correct information on them.

In San Juan we had to find our bags in the large room and then take them to the American area.

Grab a cab, you then get to the airport, go through security and proceed right to your gate.

We flew in to our airport and our bags were on our turnstile when we landed.

This is from other ports.

This was posted by CC Wrona as an answer to a post asking the same question.

:As wrp96 said,

Originally Posted by wrp96

They have different procedures for different ports.

There are two different systems depending on the port.

For Port Everglades, Miami and San Juan, PR:

Luggage will get laid out with the rest of the luggage that is coming off the ship. You will claim their luggage and present yourself to Customs. Once cleared, you will proceed to a location outside Customs Hall and drop off you luggage with one of our staff members. Your luggage will then go directly to an in-bond truck to be transported to the airport.

For San Diego, Seattle, Vancouver, Los Angeles and Port Canaveral:

Your luggage will not be laid out with the rest of the luggage coming off the ship. It will go directly into an in-bond truck for be transported to the airport. You will present yourself to Customs and if required, will be reunited with your luggage for inspection.

Southwest is not part of RCCL's onboard luggage valet service. They offer their own service but only in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami.

To add to your great post Alexis:

There is a limit of 2 checked bags per person with this service.

Your flight has to be after a certain time, usually around 11am or 12 but it depends on the port and the ship (on Jewel out of Ft. Lauderdale it was after 11am, on Serenade out of San Juan it was noon when I sailed her). And it must depart before 11:59pm (doesn't have to land, just has to depart).

Your flight has to be completely within the US.

Your flight has to be all on one airline (i.e. you can't start on American and then connect to Delta somewhere else).

To add to your great post Alexis:

I'll tack that on in case your are not around. :D

This was posted by CC Wrona as an answer to a post asking the same question.

Originally Posted by wrp96

They have different procedures for different ports.

There are two different systems depending on the port.

For Port Everglades, Miami and San Juan, PR:

Luggage will get laid out with the rest of the luggage that is coming off the ship. You will claim their luggage and present yourself to Customs. Once cleared, you will proceed to a location outside Customs Hall and drop off you luggage with one of our staff members. Your luggage will then go directly to an in-bond truck to be transported to the airport.

For San Diego, Seattle, Vancouver, Los Angeles and Port Canaveral:

Your luggage will not be laid out with the rest of the luggage coming off the ship. It will go directly into an in-bond truck for be transported to the airport. You will present yourself to Customs and if required, will be reunited with your luggage for inspection.

There is a limit of 2 checked bags per person with this service.

Your flight has to be after a certain time, usually around 11am or 12 but it depends on the port and the ship (on Jewel out of Ft. Lauderdale it was after 11am, on Serenade out of San Juan it was noon when I sailed her). And it must depart before 11:59pm (doesn't have to land, just has to depart).

Your flight has to be completely within the US.

Your flight has to be all on one airline (i.e. you can't start on American and then connect to Delta somewhere else ).

Southwest is not part of RCCL's onboard luggage valet service. They offer their own service but only in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami.

Archived