Parking in NYC

Carlakuch

Hi everyone,

Need some advise...going on the Dawn on Oct 17th. I was wondering, is it less expensive to drive or take the bus into NY and if we do decide to park, where is the best place and approx prices for leaving your car parked in the city. We are leaving from NE PA. Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

It's $24 a day. You have to pay in advance (used to be cash only, but I think I heard they are taking credit cards now). You park in a parking deck. From what I have heard it is secure. The website is www. nypst.com

DJ

If there are only two of you, it might pay to drive to Allentown (or Harrisburg) and take the NCL bus. I think the parking in Allentown is $7 per day. The bus is $50 per person round trip plus $2 per person baggage handling on embarkation day only. The bus drops you off right at the ship, then is waiting in the terminal when you return. We used it and enjoyed it. (We live in Lehighton which is about 25 miles from the airport). If you have more than two people it becomes less cost effective but is a lot less stressful than driving in the city, especially around the pier area (depending on how many ships are in port that day, I know it took us over half an hour on the bus to go about three blocks)

Archived