Island Marketing LTD

jdbmga

LUVMY2DOXS: Was it easy to find Captain for the Eco-outrage tour? Did you have trouble getting off the ship early?

It was very easy to find John Michael. We were on the Voyager that arrived in GC at 7:30am. Tender tickets were going to given out at 8am in Cleopatras Needle. We got there a little before 7am and were 10th in line. At about 7:25 they started giving out tender tickets. We went back to our room to get our other guests and grab our bags since we had to be in public area to hear the announcements. As soon as we left our room they called tenders 1&2 to go down and board. We were on our tender just a few minutes later. We had to wait about 20 minutes for the tender to fill up then off we went. We could see the Blue Iguana (meeting place) from the tender boat right next to the Hard Rock Cafe. We got off the tender and walked about 4 minutes to the Blue Iguana and John Michael was there with a sign with my name. We were in his van and gone 5 minutes later. So fast and easy. We couldn't of asked for a better day in GC. Loved it!

It appeared that they provided the transportation to the boat from the cruise ship and return to the tender port??? Did you board the boat from a dock, or did you have to take a dingy out to the boat. Where was the boat docked?? How big was their boat??

Yes, we took John Michael's van out to a dock abuot 20 minutes away and boarded his boat. Not sure how big it was but the 6 of us fit comfortably up front. I have a picture that I can try to post later. We've been to Stingray City before on a larger boat and with a group of about 40 people. This trip with just the 6 of us by ourselves was so much better. So much more personal and lots of fun. Especially when we snorkeled he took us away from all the crowds. It seemed we had the ocean all by ouselves.

Just back from a Stingray City discover Scuba excursion I booked through Island Marketing Limited. The way it seemed to work for us is that they were the "middleman" and booked the tour through a dive shop in Georgetown, Off the Wall Divers. It was easy to get the first tender by showing up in the main theater on our ship (Carnival Freedom) about 20 minutes before they said to show up, we were there at 7:10 am when they said to come at 7:30. By 7:30 they were on tender number 5 already, but no one was checking to see if you were on a Carnival shore excursion or had booked privately so that was very easy. Also it was fairly simple to find the pickup location, at a souveneir shop called Blue Iguana (I could give more directions to the shop if you are meeting there).

Archived