4 in a Balcony Cabin

Livabeth

Hi everyone.

I asked these questions on the Cabin Selection Boards, but thought that the Family board may have more experiences in fitting 4 in a baloncy cabin.

We are in the final stages of booking for a fall cruise on the Crown Princess and are wondering how crowded it will be with 4 (me, DH, 2 DD) in a balcony room (either on Caribe or Baja level).

Has anyone stayed in a balcony cabin with 4 people?? If so, was it crowded? Did you get a double or twin beds? Where did the other 2 beds get stored?? Would you suggest that a mini-suite would be worth the extra money if you have 4 people??

Thanks in advance for answering my silly, but important questions.

I was in an inside stateroom on the Carnival Fantasy - with my daughter and my two best friends. (each of us had our own bed) There were bunk beds on one side of the room, a single bed along the back wall and a pull-out bed on the opposite side of the room from the bunk beds (that's the one my daughter slept on, since it was closer to the floor...)

We were actually quite comfortable (4 females sharing one bathroom was the bigger issue) - I'm assuming that the balcony staterooms are a tad bit bigger than the inside cabins. And I'm sure that you've read it a gazillion times, but you aren't in your cabin all that much anyways - so it's not so hard to deal with... (at least, it wasn't for us...)

Hope that gives you a little bit of an idea...

Nope, no problem in a balcony cabin. I haven't been on Princess but I am going to assume the cabins are generally the same as the others I've been on.

How old are the girls? If they are younger then no issues at all. If they are older (teens) then you may want to try to get two connecting cabins so you can have 2 bathrooms.

Thanks for the insight. My daughters are tiny 8 and 4 year olds. I called Princess today and they confirmed that the quad balcony room is set up with two twin beds and then two upper beds directly over them. I get the image of a cabin with bunk beds.

We are exploring the option of a mini suite instead ... more money, but it may be worth the extra room in both the cabin and bathroom, as well as better sleeping arrangements.

Thanks again.

We weren't on princess but Royal Caribbean's balcony cabins. The balcony rooms with 4 were great. The two twins come together to make a queen size bed. Every night the steward made up the pullmen bed and the sofa bed or both pullmans. They actually prefered the pullmans because there was more floor space. They were put away neatly during the day restoring the space in the room. It wasn't the bunk bed image you may have!

Archived