Grand Cayman WAVE RUNNERS/Stingray City

Travel Virgin

Okay veterans - we want to do the WAVERUNNER tour that goes to Stingray City. Has anyone done this - (with a private tour guide) .

Let us know if this is a good idea ( have kids 18&22 that need entertaining) and who is the best private group to book with.

All help appreciated as always -

TRAVEL VIRGIN

PS if all goes well - I may be a travel virgin no more ;)

We did this and it was the best/maybe 2nd best shore excursion ever! It was me, DH, DD and boyfriend (39, 41, 20 and 22 yrs. old) on 2 wave runners ( HUGE Sea Doos!) and we hauled BUTT to Rum Point (like 3-4 miles in the distance) for private time, then to Stingray City - off by ourselves early, before the cruise ship people and crowds got there - and oh man was it incredible! Just when the crowds showed up our group of 4! went to another private beach, then back to the "resort" we started from, which I beleive is a Time Share. But you can enjoy the eminities if you choose (for free ) while there. We didn't. I think we used Island Marketing and it left from Grand Caymanian Resort. Had a Jamacaiin guide that gave us a history of GC and Jamacaii and why he was there, hurricanes, etc... GREAT Shore Excursion! Do THIS!

Going back to GC in Sept. and will do the same thing. Puttin my $$$ where my mouth is!

Lisa:p

Okay veterans - we want to do the WAVERUNNER tour that goes to Stingray City. Has anyone done this - (with a private tour guide) .

Let us know if this is a good idea ( have kids 18&22 that need entertaining) and who is the best private group to book with.

All help appreciated as always -

TRAVEL VIRGIN

PS if all goes well - I may be a travel virgin no more ;)

This is the site I used when I went last February. It was really choppy and I think there was only about 6 wave runners that were avaliable so reserve early. Try to find other people from your ship that may share the cost of the cab to the resort.http://www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityWaveRunner.htm

Archived