What to do on Oahu on Thanksgiving Day??

LVUNDERBIRD

We have booked a post stay on Oahu and Thanksgiving is one of the days. Is there going to be anything to do on Thanksgiving Day? We will have a rent a car, and are planning on driving around the island. We are wondering if things like the Dole Plantation, The Byodo-Japanese Temple, and Hanuama Bay will be open on Thanksgiving Day? Any info or suggestions for things to do will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I had posted this link on a Maui thread, but it also has suggested drives for Oahu. http://www.alternative-hawaii.com/byotgdxo.htm

We were in Hawaii last year over Thanksgiving and Byodo Temple can be visited, but the gift shop there was closed. Also definitely while you're in that area I'd recommend the Pali Cliffs. Punch Bowl Cemetary is also open and worth a visit. Also the North Shore is worth spending a little time seeing.

We'll be on the Infinity and disembarking on Thanksgiving and spending a week on Oahu

We are taking a "land cruise" to Oahu when you will be there...we go Nove. 22-30th....and have checked ...lots of stuff is closed on Thanksgiving Day...however, the Sea Life Park seems to be open....as well as you can always hike up Diamond Head.....or tour the local parks...if you have a rental car...just driving to Nuu Pali (SPelling!!!) Lookout and other scenic areas would be fun.

The Luaus are open I think...try Paradise Cove...there they teach you some Hawaiian traditions...my daughter is stationed in the military out there and recommends that one.

Lou

Hey MandyMPwife-we live in Tennessee ..... so where are you visiting?

Daughter is at Tripler Medical in the ER....she lives in the Pearl City area at this time instead of at Tripler. Small world!!! She says that if injuries happen she at Schofield they usually bring them in by helicopter do to travel time. Her last name if HOOD if you see her...hope you don't....don't want you in the ER room!!!!

In Tennessee we live in Morristown...halfway between Knoxville and Johnson City. We will be out there the 22nd of Nov. thru the 30th.

Lou

I am from Nashville. I came home while the hubby is in Iraq! I couldnt stay on that rock by myself for a year:eek: Yep, I have been to Tripler...not for anything bad. I had to go there when I first got to the island to complete command sponsorship stuff and then my hubby had lasik there.

I will be going back in Oct. And then I have family and friends coming out next April to go on the POA.

Mandy

Archived