Karaoke Question

rudegirlie13

Hi, I'm sailing on the Elation on 1-26 to Cabo/Ensenada...I AM A KARAOKE NUT...and was just wondering how current ther song/music catalog is?

I'm sure they have all of the old standards but I was just wondering what some of the more current songs you've heard people sing onboard recently.

I know some (or all?) ships don't allow you to bring your own CD, which I thought about doing, so...just wanted to get an idea of what I'll have to work with.

Also, what type of songs to the piano bar players usually play? Do they take requests?

Has anyone successfully requested songs in the disco?

Thanks for your help! :D

Hi, I'm sailing on the Elation on 1-26 to Cabo/Ensenada...I AM A KARAOKE NUT...and was just wondering how current ther song/music catalog is?

I'm sure they have all of the old standards but I was just wondering what some of the more current songs you've heard people sing onboard recently.

I know some (or all?) ships don't allow you to bring your own CD, which I thought about doing, so...just wanted to get an idea of what I'll have to work with.

Also, what type of songs to the piano bar players usually play? Do they take requests?

Has anyone successfully requested songs in the disco?

Thanks for your help! :D

The Elation still has the standard karaoke system, so you should be able to use your own CDGs. The incident on the Paradise was one ship's attempt to handle some vulgar rap lyrics. Once the new digital system is installed (after the Evolutions refit), then this may be more difficult. But the Elation is not scheduled for that this year...so you should be fine.

While I have not cruised on the Elation specifically, I have been on a dozen other Carnival ships and the selection is average to very poor...so DO take your own cdgs!!!

The entertainer in the piano bar is hit and miss on these ships. I have had some who could play any song in any key...to those who only had a limited list of songs...mainly the ones required by Carnival like Buffet songs, etc.

It is the luck of the draw. They do take requests...but when I make request, I like to drop a dollar or two into the ole tip jar.

I don't do the disco.... (usually)

Have a great time!!

Archived