St Thomas Puerto Rico Domincan Republic Haiti Question!

MissOlive

Hi-

This is our first cruise that we will be going on with our kids without help. In the past, we were lucky enough to be able to bring a family member to help us, but this year, no luck!

We're looking for excursions for our 2 kids-2 and almost 5 year old. We'll be on the Explorer of the Seas and going to St Thomas, Labadee Haiti, San Juan, and Dominican Republic.

Since we cannot bring our lilttle one to the OA program, we will have to pick family-fun excursions-which is fine by me!

If anyone has any great suggestions of excursions for any or all of these ports, please let me know!

(open to all suggestions, although I tend to book through RCCL for my peace of mind!)

St Thomas - go to Coral World. My kids loved it at that age.

Labadee - That's an easy one. That will be your beach day. Don't pay for the water park because you won't need to. Just take some sand toys and enjoy the day and buffet at the beach.

San Juan - Since you'll be arriving late there won't be much to do. People have suggested to me just touring Old San Juan. You can just walk the streets.

Dom Republic - never been there so maybe someone else can help ya :)

We were in San Juan in Oct., and we enjoyed walking around Old San Juan. If your little ones enjoy music, there was a bandstand very near the port with live music and lots of people singing and dancing, especially the children who were there. It's a nice area with lots of security, street vendors, ice cream carts, etc. I think there were carriage rides, and I know there is a free trolley that takes you around in the area. There are plenty of benches if your kids need to stop and rest, and there is a huge fountain with the water flow varying constantly that might entertain the kids for a while. The 5-year old might enjoy seeing the huge forts and watching the small boats on the water. It seemed a very child-friendly area, and when we were there on a Saturday, there were many local families walking around and just having fun.

Archived