2 Cabins for Family of 4

Livabeth

Hi everyone,

We are trying to decide on a cabin(s) for a cruise in the fall '08. One of our options is a Balcony Double and an Inside Cabin directly accross the hall. My husband and I will be travelling with our two daughters (aged 5 and 9) and feel that the Balcony on the Princess cruise will be too crowded. Our other option is a mini suite, but the two cabins is approx. $300 cheaper.

Has anyone ever booked two cabins this same way with two young kids?? We would probably each sleep with one child in each room (forget romance!!) or one of us with both kids in the double bed and the other on their own. If you did book these cabin configurations, how did it go??

Thanks for your insight.

We haven't done it yet, but our upcoming cruise on RCCL, we booked a balcony with a connecting interior room. On the ship we chose, there were only 2 combinations like this possible on the entire boat! Other choices were 2 connecting oceanview or 2 connecting interior rooms. This way, we can have one room, the kids another, but they are connected. We are planning on bringing the baby monitor. Hopefully the kids will be ok sleeping in their own room (they do it at home!) My kids are young too, 2 and 5, so I didn't want them across the hall.

HTH

I just got back, I took my sons 5 and 7, my mom, wife and her mom. so of course we needed two cabins we got 2 connecting oceanviews and this was great even if the grandmothers were not there, I would have been fine locking there door and cracking the connector door, as a man you must keep the romance ha ha I know when I go with just my sons and wife, I would get one room, because you are not in there that much and the kids love camp carnival. Now I will most likely get a balcony to have a place to retreat to if I get crowed.

On our upcoming cruise, we have 2 cabins for our family of 4. They are each balcony doubles. Connecting rooms were not available, though they connect at the balcony. My husband and son will be in one room and my daughter and I in the other. (Though we fairly often end up with 4 in our queen at home, so who knows!)

Archived