getting to Port Canaveral

takeavacation

I have a rental car reserved on 2/23 for approx. $79 -- one way from Orlando airport to Cape Canaveral. Is this the least expensive option to make this transfer?

Also - my flight arrives late on 2/23 (sailing on 2/24) -- would it be better to stay near the airport in Orlando and take the ship transfer in the morning?

I'm looking for best cost -- not necessarily the fastest -- or getting to the ship the quickest/earliest.

Thanks for all the advice!:)

You do have options, renting a car and driving yourself is probably the least expensive.

As far as hotel?, it just depends. Are you flying in to Orlando in the evening?, then it may be better to find a hotel near there and drive to the port in the morning. Coming in early?, drive to Cocoa and stay at a hotel with a view of the ocean! Many hotel's in Cocoa have shuttle service to the cruise port.

I am assuming that you are doing a one way rental with the car, if so the rental companies have a shuttle to take you to the cruise port as well, also they will pick you up after the cruise so that you can do another one way rental back to Orlando!

Cruise transfers from Orlando to the port are not cheap, although it is easier because someone else will be doing all the driving.

Orlando airport is about a 45 minute drive to the cruise port, but it is an easy drive, all highway. (some toll booths too)

Hope this helps, have a great trip!

Barry

I am a big fan of a one way rental in each direction. Its easy in all respects. Hertz, Avis, Budget, Thrifty and Enterprise all have locations here and will take you to/from the ship. I agree that depending on the time you arrive it might be easier to come here in the morning.

One thing you need to address is the price you will pay. Go to the "I Work in Pt Canaveral" thread and do a search for rentals. Also go to hotwire.com and sign up for their e mails for specials. Most of the time you can get a car for 1/2 the price you have or less. I rented in San Juan for $15.00 and have a car reserved in San Francisco for $26.00 and those are unlimited miles and tax included. Florida is the cheapest place in the USA to rent a car but you have to look a little. Also if you are coming in the morning and going straight to the ship Cocoa Beach shuttle wille take you at a very reasonable rate and give you 10% off if you mention CC. You can find them at cbshuttle.com.

Thanks for the info. We are arriving at 10:30pm on 2/23 -- so pretty late. I'm not nervous about driving to Cape Canaveral that late -- just wondering if it would be less expensive to stay near the airport.

Also -- I was told that the rate on 2/23 was so high because of Daytona in town that week. But -- I'll see what I can find for a better rate. My return one-way rental on 3/2 is only about $35.00

Thanks for the info. We are arriving at 10:30pm on 2/23 -- so pretty late. I'm not nervous about driving to Cape Canaveral that late -- just wondering if it would be less expensive to stay near the airport.

Also -- I was told that the rate on 2/23 was so high because of Daytona in town that week. But -- I'll see what I can find for a better rate. My return one-way rental on 3/2 is only about $35.00

I would stay in Orlando.There are many nice properties right outside the airport. its an easy drive over here but why bother when you will probably be tired.

I would stay in Orlando.There are many nice properties right outside the airport. its an easy drive over here but why bother when you will probably be tired.

I agree, I would stay near the airport. Coming in that late, plus waiting for luggage and going to rental counter will add about an hour to your evening. Pick a hotel near the airport, there are some under $100 for the night.

Archived