Considering Sea Dream, a few questions

caviargal

We decided to go ahead and confirm our SD II cruise and are really thrilled:).

Thanks everyone!

Congratulations, caviargal! Glad we all could help. This is a great community.

We expect to join you on SD2. It's going to be wonderful! :)

While on our cruise, we experienced trouble getting a table for two unless we went very early or very late. During the 8-9p dinner hour, the dining room was very noisy and with the large tables, it was difficult to have a conversation with your one other dining companion. We may be in the minority, but that was our experience. The bed LINENS were wonderful, the squeaking of the bed was not. And the Bali beds are great if you can get one of the three (there are about nine) that are not under the stack or get too much sun with no umbrellas in sight (or offered). The gym is small and gets hot by 10:30a; the aerobic equipment is high quality and there is cold water and fresh towels. There are free weights, but only one bench and a universal machine. You can maintain your aerobic workout, but not a normal weight training routine unless it is very basic. There was only one eliptical machine. The complimentary wine selection was not as good as we experienced on Regent. There were positives, and they are in our review, but I felt it important to share our experience so that people can weigh all the factors. The frequent SDs seem to have great experiences, like dining with others, and enjoy the randomness of how long you stay in port or itinerary changes on a daily basis-we didn't. I don't want to be considered negative, we just had a very negative experience on SD, where our previous three on Regent were all more positive. Thanks.

The complimentary wine selection was not as good as we experienced on Regent. There were positives, and they are in our review, but I felt it important to share our experience so that people can weigh all the factors. The frequent SDs seem to have great experiences, like dining with others, and enjoy the randomness of how long you stay in port or itinerary changes on a daily basis-we didn't. I don't want to be considered negative, we just had a very negative experience on SD, where our previous three on Regent were all more positive. Thanks.

JustAud, I also love Regent, and the Diamond is my all time favorite ship. I just wish they offered more in the way of 7 day itineraries to the Caribbean.

Actually, since last time I posted I had a business conflict arise and we won't be going on the SD cruise after all. We will instead go as planned to our favorite AI in late April.

We are booked on Regent for next fall. Though I would prefer the Voyager, the Navigator is all that offers a Caribbean 7 night sailing. I am concerned about the gym on that ship as I have read that it is quite limited as well. I am a gym rate and a wine snob so I pay lots of attention to those two things when I choose a vacation.:)

Thanks for posting and I realize there are different strokes for different folks. Regent is still my first choice overall.

Archived