taxi question?

Jade13

Drivers will gladly accept US dollars - cash or traveler's check.

If you want to take a taxi to the Botanic Park, be sure to arrange round trip transportation and settle on the fare up front. About US$75 each way sounds reasonable.

The Botanic Park is far enough from the tender docks so that it is much more cost effective to rent a car and drive yourself.

Drivers will gladly accept US dollars - cash or traveler's check.

If you want to take a taxi to the Botanic Park, be sure to arrange round trip transportation and settle on the fare up front. About US$75 each way sounds reasonable.

The Botanic Park is far enough from the tender docks so that it is much more cost effective to rent a car and drive yourself.

Hi Drew,

I remember you are in Grand Cayman, so I am glad you responded.

We will not have time to arrange car rental because of time restraints. We need to hop a cab when we return from a ship sponsored Sting Ray encounter (return about 11:15am). We have a tour scheduled at the Blue Iguana Recovery Program. We may have a ride back to town, but they will not know until that day. Is it easy to call a taxi and get someone to come back and get us?

Is it easy to call a taxi and get someone to come back and get us?

No. I would strongly suggest arranging a round trip with one taxi driver. Any taxi you call would likely be coming from George Town to pick you up. If so, expect to wait a minimum of 30-40 minutes after you call for the taxi to reach you. Plan on the same amount of time getting back to the port.

No. I would strongly suggest arranging a round trip with one taxi driver. Any taxi you call would likely be coming from George Town to pick you up. If so, expect to wait a minimum of 30-40 minutes after you call for the taxi to reach you. Plan on the same amount of time getting back to the port.

Just curious if there is a car rental right by the docks? I assume my DH would need an international drivers license? I know he does not want to drive. It would have been easier if this was our only plan for the day, but we decided to do the stingray excursion first. This is going to be a very expensive 3.5 hours.

Btw, have you seen the Blue Cayman Iguanas? They are very rare.

There is no car rental right by the docks. Cayman Auto Rentals is a short walk away (2 to 4 blocks, depending upon which terminal you arrive at). Most agencies are at the airport.

I have seen the blues. A few are in the breeding pens, but many more seem to be on the woodland trails in the Botanic park.

Archived