QV Dining

cruiseonly

On my Voyage Personaliser it reads "Dining Requested: Britannia Rest/First Seating - Status Confirmed.

We requested a table for 2. Should that not be noted on the Voyage Personaliser.

Also I read in the options that we can request the Britannia upper restaurant. Would that be better than downstairs.

On my Voyage Personaliser it reads "Dining Requested: Britannia Rest/First Seating - Status Confirmed.

We requested a table for 2. Should that not be noted on the Voyage Personaliser.

Also I read in the options that we can request the Britannia upper restaurant. Would that be better than downstairs.

on past voyages with cunard QE2 & QM2 on the personaliser near the diningroom info it stated 2/2 or 4/2 or 6/2 meaning the size of the table and the the number of seats your cabin has at theat table. I'm surprised they havent done that on the QV

perhaps they have not given you a table assignment yet! call cunard or you travel agent to confirm your previous request and current status. bon voyage

Don't think you can take much for granted as regards table setting numbers although from what we found you're more likely to get what you wanted on first sitting. We asked for table of 8 on our Christmas cruise and had a table for four instead. There were also a number of smaller tables at late sitting probably because they wanted to make the dining room more busy than have everyone huddled together on big tables. From what folk said those downstairs seemed to think it was better than upstairs but we were quite happy with our upstairs position. Remember when you get there and it isn't to your liking you can always ask for a change. We know folk who did and the staff managed to help them out. Enjoy your cruise.

We booked over a year in advance, so I hope we do get a table for 2

I'm not sure what the criteria are for dining assignments. However the essential point to grasp is that shoreside (who run the personaliser) don't have any input into it.

It is the restaurant management who do it on board.

Officially the personaliser is a request only. Also remember that some people will have spoken to the restaurant beforehand, and that their reservations will be unknown to shoreside, yet will take priority.

The restaurant's aim is to make everyone happy. So your first job when arriving on board is to look at your table reservation - if you're happy, fine. Go and look at the table if you don't know the ship. If you are not go immediately to the restaurant and speak to the Maitre'D. If it is possible, he will help.

Bribes are neither necessary or classy.

Matthew

The only way you will get a table for two on QV is to give the maitre d a $20.00 bill. We up in the Lido. Could not get a table for two. Lots of luck. No matter where you sit, the waiters and the food are terrible. GK

Do I detect a (gasp) troll attack? :eek:

How's Itty? Does he have a job yet? Taken over the world? I'm sure he's got many more than you and Nitty under his power with his absolute cuteness. :)

hi,

no job yet. he failed his first interview in london last monday (i'm serious).

had a photo shoot for an insurance company advert but a cute little girl got it. he got his first pair of clarks shoes two days ago and is now running them in.

glenn.:)

hi,

no job yet. he failed his first interview in london last monday (i'm serious).

had a photo shoot for an insurance company advert but a cute little girl got it. he got his first pair of clarks shoes two days ago and is now running them in.

glenn.:)

Ah ha. I noticed you said "running". He's one of those, is he? Just think how fit you will be chasing after him by the time he finds walking is good enough! :)

And I have a difficult time believing anyone is cuter than Itty, but if you say so.......

Ah ha. I noticed you said "running". He's one of those, is he? Just think how fit you will be chasing after him by the time he finds walking is good enough! :)

And I have a difficult time believing anyone is cuter than Itty, but if you say so.......

Young Nathaniel, who regards his uncle as a fellow naughty chap?

Matthew

Young Nathaniel, who regards his uncle as a fellow naughty chap?

Matthew

Let me look again.................

It's a tie. Cuteness kudos and naughty niceties to all!

And this is from someone who's children were cuter than any babies on earth when they were baby age. Trust me, I saw them with my own eyes.

Archived