question about drinking water

curlymom

What is the quality of the water on a cruise ship? I've cruised before, but never thought about this (because I didn't have to!).

I'm asking because we have to make bottles with formula for our infant. At home, we don't use tap water--we boil to make bottles. Should we buy bottled water for the bottles?

And, if so, does the soda card that you can buy (we're traveling on RCI) cover bottled water?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

I would have no problem using water out of the sink on a cruise ship. However we would use tap water for our son's formula when he was younger and we never sterilized his bottles, at least not after the first few weeks.

Edited for clarity

I am wondering the same. NCL told me I can bring on bottled water as long as there is evidence that I need it for an infant. Which obviously there will be-she will be with me and I need a suitcase just for diapers, wipes and baby food. For all cruise lines I have heard good things about the tap water but I am going to go with bottled this way it is at room tempature as I wont have access to a microwave to heat it if needed.

Archived