Well....I tried.....

sas80

I was hoping that babysitting would qualify as a "special need":D

Im also having a roll call friend, a friend whom is staying in a GS, try to arrange sitting services for me, prior to the cruise, thru the concierge....

star_off_sm_2.gif "special_needs@rccl.com" to me

show details

10:29 am (1 minute ago) Good Afternoon Stacey,

In-stateroom sitting must be booked through the Purser / Guest Relations Desk at least 24 hours in advance. It cannot be booked prior to the cruise vacation and there is no guarantee that sitters will be available. The service is offered from 8:00 AM until 2:00 AM. Children must be at least one year old. Approximate rate : $8 per hour for one or two children within the same family or $10 per hour for three children within the same family. Times and prices are subject to change without notice. Payment must be in cash.

Best Regards

Access Staff KH

[THREAD ID:1-5754R7]

I agree that babysitting sometimes should fall into the "special needs category", we have all been there! I keep trying to convince my DH to send my winter vacation bills to be covered by insurance for my SAD (seasonal affect disorder) but he only laughs.

Karysa

I'm sorry, but I'm a nurse and this "special needs" stuff for babysitting is just pure bs!!!!!! Special Needs are for people who require special assistance with their activities of daily living. Babysitting is NOT a special need. If babysitting is such an important need for you, make sure you bring your own personal baby sitter along. jmho. A need for babysitting is a result from a personal choice of yours to have a child - it is not a disability or a handicap. It is not a requirement for being able to live day to day.

I know I will get flamed for this from some posters, but really.......

I'm sorry, but I'm a nurse and this "special needs" stuff for babysitting is just pure bs!!!!!! Special Needs are for people who require special assistance with their activities of daily living. Babysitting is NOT a special need. If babysitting is such an important need for you, make sure you bring your own personal baby sitter along. jmho. A need for babysitting is a result from a personal choice of yours to have a child - it is not a disability or a handicap. It is not a requirement for being able to live day to day.

I know I will get flamed for this from some posters, but really.......

Not everyone needs it, so it is a special need.

Here's a fun idea....upon leaving the hospital, I think that all new mothers should be given a 6-month (temporary) pass to park in any Disabled parking spot. When you have to lug a new baby and all that gear around, it would be nice to have a grace period for learning how to "cope" with your "choice". :D

And if you are not a "new" mother, I think you should get a pass on the birth of the second (or more) child if you have another child in your care under the age of 4 years old. (Have you ever tried walking across a busy parking lot with a squirmy toddler in one hand and a stroller in the other?:eek:)

What do you think? Would you vote for me??

(PS...this is in the spirit of fun. :D It's not an attempt to devalue Disabled people, just appreciating the value of mothers).

Here's a fun idea....upon leaving the hospital, I think that all new mothers should be given a 6-month (temporary) pass to park in any Disabled parking spot. When you have to lug a new baby and all that gear around, it would be nice to have a grace period for learning how to "cope" with your "choice". :D

And if you are not a "new" mother, I think you should get a pass on the birth of the second (or more) child if you have another child in your care under the age of 4 years old. (Have you ever tried walking across a busy parking lot with a squirmy toddler in one hand and a stroller in the other?:eek:)

What do you think? Would you vote for me??

(PS...this is in the spirit of fun. :D It's not an attempt to devalue Disabled people, just appreciating the value of mothers).

Actually, at a local grocery store here in Central VA, they have parking spots, near the handicapped parking spots, for families with children under 1 yr. :D

We have those as well. First there are the regular handicapped spots, and then next to them there is a new sign that shows a baby carriage and they are for parents with small children. They didn't come out until after I could have used them, mind you!! I was soooooo happy to get rid of that diaper bag!!! :)

I agree that babysitting sometimes should fall into the "special needs category", we have all been there! I keep trying to convince my DH to send my winter vacation bills to be covered by insurance for my SAD (seasonal affect disorder) but he only laughs.

Karysa

Thanks...you just gave me a great idea. I should be able to write off the cruises as medical expenses for SAD on my income tax!

Archived