Somone took my Gem Romance Suite - none left!

ljrfrm

I'm so sad. We booked a BA aft for our Gem med cruise last March. I've been dreaming of upgrading to the Romance Suite - but just couldn't justify the money. I was holding on to high hopes that maybe the upsell fairy would find me, given that those BA afts are so popular. I've been watching an AD Romance Suite that was available since last March. My husband just got a bonus and I finally decided to take the plunge and upgrade for about $600 each. Checked the night before and the suite was still available. Checked one last time this morning just before I picked up the phone to called NCL and what did I see? Somebody stole my suite! It's gone, I'm so sad. There's no way I can pay to go to an AC so I guess I'll stay where I'm at. Which I know is a great location. Maybe we'll be visited by the upsell fairy afterall....if not though, I'm sure we'll still have a blast. But, I really was looking forward to the suite perks. Oh well.

Don't give up hope yet. Check again over the next couple of days. Alot of times people will simply put a hold on a cabin until they make up their mind. This takes the cabin out of inventory temporarily (permanently if they decide to take it). So there is still a chance you might can get that suite afterall!:D

I'm so sad. We booked a BA aft for our Gem med cruise last March. I've been dreaming of upgrading to the Romance Suite - but just couldn't justify the money. I was holding on to high hopes that maybe the upsell fairy would find me, given that those BA afts are so popular. I've been watching an AD Romance Suite that was available since last March. My husband just got a bonus and I finally decided to take the plunge and upgrade for about $600 each. Checked the night before and the suite was still available. Checked one last time this morning just before I picked up the phone to called NCL and what did I see? Somebody stole my suite! It's gone, I'm so sad. There's no way I can pay to go to an AC so I guess I'll stay where I'm at. Which I know is a great location. Maybe we'll be visited by the upsell fairy afterall....if not though, I'm sure we'll still have a blast. But, I really was looking forward to the suite perks. Oh well.

Not sure when your cruise is but we have received upsell offers up until 4 days before sailing.

Good Luck:)

• 1 month later...

Sorry about that. Our TA called this morning and had an upsell offer from our BC to an AD suite for $100 pperson, so we snapped it up...sorry

Sorry about that. Our TA called this morning and had an upsell offer from our BC to an AD suite for $100 pperson, so we snapped it up...sorry

Is there some sort of formula the cruise line follows for upsells? I mean I would guess BAs get first grab at mini-suite-mini-suite for an AE suite.. am I right?

Sorry to hear about your missing out and I hope you're able to slip into that cabin. On a recent 'cabin crawl' on the Gem, the Romance Suite was one of the nicest cabins I'd seen on any ship. Good luck, I hope that it works out for you! :)

Ok, now I'm jealous. I want my AD :)

I swear, you snooze you lose I guess, right? I just keep thinking that maybe I'll get an upsell. I'm in the popular BA aft and I pretty much booked the first day the prices came out (so according to some people that's a plus). Also, I was able to get my BA price reduced 3 different times - and they're asking about $400 more per person now, so maybe they'll realize they can get more for that cabin and from me and offer me something higher? One can hope.

We leave for Spain 4 weeks before our cruise to stay with family. I just need to hope that they e-mail me instead of calling or I won't get it. I thought maybe I'd call them before I leave and let them put a note in there that if they need to contact me, it has to be by e-mail.

Jeppler - enjoy that AD - have a great cruise! JJB415 - thanks for the good wishes!

Cruise is 7/20 out of Barcelona.

Let me clarify one thing - I'm very excited and happy to have my BA. We have never had anything higher than oceanview before - so I am quite content where we are at. I specifically chose that cabin and never even knew what an upsell was when I booked it. I was just bummed because that AD was available for so long while we went back and forth about upgrading. Made the decision to do so and I was so excited about the suite and the perks. It was there when I checked one last time, made the decision to upgrade and then it was gone. Bummer.

But, if I don't get an upsell I am good to go in my BA. Especially when I see the prices that people are paying now for it.

Final payment is beginning of May I think - so there's time.

Ok, now I'm jealous. I want my AD :)

I swear, you snooze you lose I guess, right? I just keep thinking that maybe I'll get an upsell. I'm in the popular BA aft and I pretty much booked the first day the prices came out (so according to some people that's a plus). Also, I was able to get my BA price reduced 3 different times - and they're asking about $400 more per person now, so maybe they'll realize they can get more for that cabin and from me and offer me something higher? One can hope.

We leave for Spain 4 weeks before our cruise to stay with family. I just need to hope that they e-mail me instead of calling or I won't get it. I thought maybe I'd call them before I leave and let them put a note in there that if they need to contact me, it has to be by e-mail.

Jeppler - enjoy that AD - have a great cruise! JJB415 - thanks for the good wishes!

Are there any AE's available? The cabin's the same as an AD with all the "perks", just a smaller balcony.

No AE's. The first available suite (at least for now) is an AC - which would be $1,100 more per person. Can't justify that when I have a nice room as it is. It will be interesting to see what happens down the road with people moving around though with upsells, upgrades, etc.

Archived