cabin choices Serenade

We are first time cruisers and took the advice of our TA to book a large oceanview cabin for 4 of us, 2 adults 2 teens. Was this a bad idea or will we be fine? We rarely spend time in our room on vacation and opted to save the money for excursions, etc. Will we be okay space-wise? We are supposed to have a queen and 2 pullman beds? Any ideas?

We cruised last year on NCLA with our 2 teen daughters (13 & 18)- we booked adjoining cabins- so that we would have 2 bathrooms. It would have been difficult to get ready to go anywhere with all 4 of us (3 being female) and only 1 bathroom!

That said- a few years ago- I took a Girl Scout troop of 15 girls, plus 5 adults on a 4 night cruise. We did have 4 to a room- and managed to work it out. We were snug- with all the luggage (and shoes- one set of 3 girls had 20 pair between them!) and 4 twins in a room. The girls had a blast and everything worked out fine. We were on a pretty tight budget as well.

-JC in CA

go to the rccl website and bring up your cabin/deck classification. check out the room size as in sq ft and determine if you think you can handle 4 people in that size room. We had deck 9 and a balcony which are larger rooms and it would be hard for me to imagine sharing it with 4 people. But that is me verses other people too.

Good luck on your decision.

Jane

Archived