Recent Voyager cruisers...DId you bring drinks onboard?

And if so, what type???? Soda waters, water or beer, alcohol?

Did you pack it in your checked luggage and were you able to bring it on with no problems???

I am wanting to bring a small amount of bottled water, soda maybe some alcohol in our checked luggage.

We haven't experienced any problems with this in the past.

Just wondering now about the "new" rules and if they are being enforced by RCCL...

Thanks,

Carla

I plan to bring diet pepsi on Voyager this Sunday. I carry on a 6 pack and replenish at the ports. I don't hide it, I carry it on and they say nothing, it goes right through. Did the same thing on Serenade last October and Rhapsody in April last year. they don't say anything with small quantities, it's the idiots who bring tons of drinks that they are upset with. As for booze, I don't smuggle it on, I pay for drinks on the ship. I have no desire to go to the "naughty room" to open my luggage for smuggled alcohol, but I'm not a big drinker. I wish they had the option for people to buy a bottle on the ship and take back to their cabin, but dems da rules, and nobody is above the law, it's their ship.

When we first sailed RCL you could buy your alcohol on the ship and take it to your room to make cocktails. It was so nice!! Then when we went on NCL, they didn't have anything like that and that was a major negative for them and a bigger reason to return to RCL. Don't get me wrong....we don't cruise only for that reason.....but it was very nice to make a drink in our cabin each night while getting ready for dinner. Then the next time we went on RCL, they had taken that wonderful perk away......and we were bummed. We ended up spending less on alcohol in the long run, so really they lost money on us. This last cruise on NCL that we took, we found out we could take wine on and pay a corkage fee which was better than no privileges at all. The first cruise on RCL where they sold you the bottles in the ship's liquor shop (you payed a fee to buy it and drink it on board) set RCL apart from the other ships, so I'm not sure why they stopped doing it. I guess they were losing money doing it that way, but we bought quite a bit (we had two rooms of people and bought for both rooms for 7 nights) and still bought buckets of beer, etc. out by the pool and cocktails at the shows at night. Just my 2 cents on this subject! I will take soda and water on this cruise on the Voyager in March, but I won't sneak on liquor. I've always been the type of person who feels really guilty breaking the rules, and believe me they would know I was guilty just by my nervous actions! :eek:

One can buy a bar set-up on NCL. For Approx. $40.00 per liter plus $3.00 service fee you can have it delivered to your room before boarding and are free to have a drink in your room. My last bar bill was still almost a thousand so my having a bottle in the room did not hurt the bar sales in my case.

I had already booked RCI before I realized I couldn't do the same as on NCL. I'm not happy about it and will probably not cruise RCI again for that reason. I'll bring some wine this time but will miss having my martini in my cabin when I want it....not when it gets delivered.

Just my observations and how I feel so no flames.

Winnie

One can buy a bar set-up on NCL. For Approx. $40.00 per liter plus $3.00 service fee you can have it delivered to your room before boarding and are free to have a drink in your room.

That's interesting. Doesn't NCL have the same concerns that RCI has about the dangers of people overdrinking and going overboard?

Seems like a good reasonable policy. If they tacked on a "fine" of twice that amount for smuggled booze it could have a serious impact on that particular problem.

But maybe they believe requiring purchase at the bar makes for an overall safer ship. Plus they can make alot more money selling it by the shot at the bar.

Yes, some folks smuggle booze onboard. Those that sya it is easy are only giving you a personal experience, so you may or may not be as lucky.

If they find it, tht bag will not be delviered. WHen you call inquiring as to where you last piece of luggage is, you will be directed to the 'Room of Shame" Where you will be asked to open the bag, remove the booze. They will give it back to you at the end of the cruise. Yes, folks get caught.

We just got back from a cruise on the Voyager. We packed two duffel bags with nothing but Mountain Dew and a couple of shirts. WE sent them through with our checked luggage. No problem at all getting our bags. My husband and son don't drink any pop other than Mtn. Dew. Didn't bring any alcohol onboard so I can't answer that one.

We just got back from a cruise on the Voyager. We packed two duffel bags with nothing but Mountain Dew and a couple of shirts. WE sent them through with our checked luggage. No problem at all getting our bags. My husband and son don't drink any pop other than Mtn. Dew. Didn't bring any alcohol onboard so I can't answer that one.

Archived